Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:48:24 PM EDT

Just guaging interest.

I am looking to see how many people would buy my lovely little AK-47 shirt. The photograph may look familiar to some of you and thats because it IS familiar.

These are prototypes and I would do a production run and sell them on the EE if you guys think its a cool enough shirt. Pricing would be around 19 shipped but price may change based on demand. More people buy the shirt the cheaper I can offer it up to a certain point. I have many other T-shirt designs in my head (one which is a VERY wild T-shirt directly made to be slurped up by the ARFCOM masses... the details and custom work on this one are currently being worked out) and then simple ones such as the one I have posted here. I am just checking to see how many of you would be interested.

Special Thanks to StickMan!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the rifle doesnt match the year, so i vote redesigned..

Edit: I guess its not too big of a deal. No one outside of a couple internet forums would catch it anyway.

I dont really wear gun shirts, but it does look pretty nice. Maybe do one with the design on the back, and a smaller design of some kind on the top left (left if you were wearing it).
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheesy, redesign.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
needs to be black or navy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just my opinion,but I think it would look much better with the big design on the back and something smaller over the left breast.

Oh yeah,I'd also modify the design but you're doing a great job!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree small design on front left or right and larger on the back
Once it was redesigned I would place my order when I see a paid membership under your name.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input so far and don't be shy... keep your suggestions comming.

As for my membership... I am trying to sell the shirts to pay my way through college.

Seriously... My only other option would be to get a real job, but I have done the school and work juggle before and it's not something I want to do right now. I have a tough semester and want to keep my 3.5 a 3.5 or higher.

Thus I am trying to sell nifty T-Shirts!

I will redesign based on the logo on back with the small design on the front.
I will post the redesigned image within the next few days.

p.s.
If God smiles upon me and makes my little venture profitable I wont hesitate to buy a site sponsorship. I can't wait to show you guys my myriad of other designs! They arent as simple as this one and thus I am working on them with my roomate in photoshop.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking nice yet I voted redesign. I would replace the vintage 1947 text with tested worldwide or something like that. Also I would have the muzzle of the weapon pointed upwards instead of downwards.

Also a black or navy blue colored T-shirt would be nice.

Otherwise, let me know when you're gonna start printing and taking orders. I might be in for two or three.

Bas
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Looking nice yet I voted redesign. I would replace the vintage 1947 text with tested worldwide or something like that. Also I would have the muzzle of the weapon pointed upwards instead of downwards.

Also a black or navy blue colored T-shirt would be nice.

Otherwise, let me know when you're gonna start printing and taking orders. I might be in for two or three.

Bas

+1 for an upward muzzle
Also, if you still use the vintage 1947, then use a type 3 milled reciever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd go with the profile of a milled Type 3, with the main design on the back and a smaller version on the left breast.  I'd also vote for a heavy pocket T....I'd pay more for a better grade shirt.

These are just my personal wants though, it looks pretty decent as is, but I'd be more likely to buy one if it were redesigned.

+1 heavy pocket tees are much better
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just my opinion,but I think it would look much better with the big design on the back and something smaller over the left breast.

Oh yeah,I'd also modify the design but you're doing a great job!

Done like this, I would buy one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Change the direction of the rifle

Use a Pocket T, I would need a place to put my smokes

Make a Underfolder an option

OD, Tan or black would be good color choices

Loose the "Vintage 1947"  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd go with the profile of a milled Type 3, with the main design on the back and a smaller version on the left breast.  I'd also vote for a heavy pocket T....I'd pay more for a better grade shirt.

These are just my personal wants though, it looks pretty decent as is, but I'd be more likely to buy one if it were redesigned.

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Also, if you still use the vintage 1947, then use a type 3 milled reciever.

Unfortunatly this is the only picture I have of an AK and I dont want Stickman to go through the trouble of getting his own type 3 and doing a photoshoot just so I can do another demo. Thats if he even has a type 3 milled receiver'd AK...

I might make the Vintage go away and replace it with Tested Worldwide

It also seems like you guys want a pocket on front with the design on back.

Front will have a teeny AK or a shillouette of some sort above the pocket.

I am going to try to work on the design tonight if I can work around my homework. Got to read 40 pages and do some statistics but I should have it up today or tomorow.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Also, isn't the proper text, AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVA  ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone want to answer that question? I googled it and I have seen it both ways. What is the proper spelling?

Avtomat Kalashnikov
or
Avtomat Kalashnikova ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
there is nothing wrong with it.....but I like the one I bought better.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#18]
PRINT ON BACK. lil logo over the heart on front. Looks cool, BUT I hate crap on the front it makes me feel like I am walking backwards.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#19]
that's an AKM in the first pic.  Nice concept though!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
PRINT ON BACK. lil logo over the heart on front. Looks cool, BUT I hate crap on the front it makes me feel like I am walking backwards.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Change the direction of the rifle

Use a Pocket T, I would need a place to put my smokes

Make a Underfolder an option

OD, Tan, black, grey or white would be good color choices

Loose the "Vintage 1947"  

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top