Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 7:13:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 7:16:34 AM EST by I-M-A-WMD]
I'm guessing ProChine

Picked up at Fun Show on Sunday... Chinese AK-47. Nice wood stocks, "dirty blond". Fixed stock... Folding spike bayonet. 45* gas block, horizontal holes in gas tube. Chrome chamber, bolt & carrier. (Not sure about bore) Slant brake, single position set for RH firing. Plunger works, brake seems "frozen". Safety/selector closes "over" the receiver cover.

Marked on left hand side above trigger:

"IMPORTER FTC
WOODLAND HILLS CA
"

Marked on left hand side on front of receiver:

"AK47S 7.62X39mm
MADE IN CHINA
"

SN (On trunion):

02XX

Nothing stamped or marked on RH side except for fire control positions.("S" "F")

Condition "minty"; Invested $635-700. Depending on what I could have sold some of my stuff for; the price varies. He was asking $650 cash. I traded into it.

Traded:

SAR-1 & 40 rd Romy mag. Rifle had canted FSB- (Paid $305)
5-20rd AR15 mags (Universal/Simmons originally paid $15ea. - total of $75... Probably only worth $12ea./$60)
4-15 rd LEO Glock 22 mags (Paid $25ea. - total of $100)
2- Scherer/Rebuilt Glock mags- ($35 ea. - total of $70... Not worth more than $20/ea now))
1-Glock 19 standard capacity (Probably paid around $50 during ban.. Not worth more than $20 now)
1- cheap long gun hard case ($7+/-)
+ $100 boot money (Originally paid $100- he even gave me $100 value in trade!)

In the past year, I've seen only about 3-4 AKs with folding spike bayonet attachments. IIRC, all were Polytech and ran $1,000- $1,200. I really wanted an AK with the Folding Spike Bayo to add to the family... Now I have it and I think it was a hell of a deal. What do you think? Anything I should know?

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:27:57 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:42:14 AM EST
Sounds nice

my uncle has one, I have it here right now. It is a Chinese one with thes pike Bayo like you said. It has never been fired. Payed 185 dollars for it. My family also bough 2 more out of the same crate

should have bought a couple crates

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:58:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 10:16:06 AM EST by I-M-A-WMD]

Originally Posted By SLoV:
Sounds nice

my uncle has one, I have it here right now. It is a Chinese one with thes pike Bayo like you said. It has never been fired. Payed 185 dollars for it. My family also bough 2 more out of the same crate

should have bought a couple crates

If only my dad would have kept, temporarily lost or buried all the good deals he had way back when... Even when I factor in inflation to the equation- a lot of the stuff was still a hell of deal.

Whenabouts was your Uncles purchased?

Sly

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:26:09 AM EST
WMD, the gun is probably PolyTech made. Early import. I remember when "Soldier of Fortune" magazine was selling them...big full page color ad...at that time it pissed a lot of people off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:51:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By OldTroop:
WMD, the gun is probably PolyTech made. Early import. I remember when "Soldier of Fortune" magazine was selling them...big full page color ad...at that time it pissed a lot of people off.

I ran it past a dealer that I know. He reported that Stoeger had imported them around 1984 and his Dealer cost at the time was $600. He then mentioned that "that was about the time the big fiasco started".

I'm not sure how much of that I should believe- but it sounds like there were some people not ready to accept communist hardware into the States?

Thanks for the feedback.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:27:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 6:33:34 PM EST by I-M-A-WMD]
BTT and another question...

If I'm planning on keeping one of the following as a safe queen aka future inheritance for the next generation of WMDs.. Which should it be:

My Norinco 56-S 7.62 X 39 near NIB with bayo and mags or this new acquisition with the folding bayo? I'll use one or the other as my bitch.

TIA.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:37:48 PM EST
You already know the answer.

BOTH
Top Top