Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:42:30 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I saw this neat little accessory at a build party recently.  It replaced the rear site and had an AR A3 style rear site on it with a rail for other accessories.  I think the guy said it was made by Ace manufacturing.  I would like more info, and or to buy one if anyone has one to sell.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure that is out of production now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:06:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that is out of production now.

And for a good reason
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got two of these.

Pretty cool but a MAJOR PITA to install.  There's drilling, tapping, etc.  Not just an AR-type add on.

From what I've heard they are in fact out of production.  Probably because they were such a pain to install.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I think their moosemeat!!!  Allows for the instalation of a red dot sight and has windage BUIS as well.  Their not for mamsey pamsey people who want a wham bam fits all and installs in a blink of an eye.  THESE ARE FOR AK'S.  If you can build an AK, these are "no-sweat".

When installed correctly they are "rock solid".  I have installed them on my 2 AMD-65 builds and I have one left for what ever.  

This picture was taken before the installation of the Red dot.

This one is with the red dot.

I was the one who developed the installation tutorial and sold the remaing stock from ACE.  I wish I had saved more for myself.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one (from Hammer) and haven't installed it yet...I'l probably have someone else do it...

It's a great concept.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I got 1 from him also. Did take a bit of work to install but once done it's the cats...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got 1 from him also. Did take a bit of work to install but once done it's the cats...www.picyard.com/main/data/500/189PolishUF-med.JPG

What can I say...your rifle is "MOOSEMEAT"!!!!  Without that ACE AKSMS it would be just another (ho-hum) AK.

bulldog1967...If your barrel isn't installed on a receiver, I'll mount it for you.  I don't have an FFL so that's the reason I can't accept a receiver.  I don't find it very difficult to install (compared to building a AK), maybe a little time consuming but that's it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top