Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:55:45 PM EDT
will that crappy new barrel/reciever import ban make it so WASR hi-caps are illegal?
And what countries are even alowed to sell guns to the US anymore?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The barrel ban doesnt matter...

You live in California...No hicap mags, no hicap mag guns that use detachable mags.

Hicap + California = 10 shot, fixed mag.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You live in California...No hicap mags, no hicap mag guns that use detachable mags.

KyARGuy

PRK can have hicap detachable mag guns, they just can't have the hicap mags, or evil features on the gun itself. Example: neutered M1A is A-OK in CA
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
PRK can have hicap detachable mag guns, they just can't have the hicap mags, or evil features on the gun itself. Example: neutered M1A is A-OK in CA

Evil features on an M1A are no problem.  Hicap or locap or evil features makes no difference here.  It's the pistol grip + detachable magazine of any capacity that makes an "assault weapon".
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Evil features on an M1A are no problem.  Hicap or locap or evil features makes no difference here.  It's the pistol grip or flash suppressor or folding stock or forward pistol grip or thumbhole stock or grenade launcher+ detachable magazine of any capacity that makes an "assault weapon".

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

KyARGuy

I know, but I'm moving in a while, so I wanted to know.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nope.

They banned kits because of what was done with them after they got to the US.  Making weapons that would otherwise have been illegal to import.

So what do you think they will go after next.  Maybe the guns imported a certain way to get around the non-sporting clause and then converted in the US.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I know, but I'm moving in a while, so I wanted to know.

Well thats cool!  Make sure you move to a good, Class 3, concealed carry legal, open carry, state!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
If the barrell now has to be made here I hope manufacturers make RPK length barrels and different calibres.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top