Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2004 12:12:32 PM EDT
Does anyone know what folders will fit a wasr-10?  Any idea if dealers will be selling wasr-10's with folding stocks after the sunset?

Thanks,
Rick
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The Romanian folders will fit it.  IIRC, K-VAR sells them but they were prices at like $70.  Other places on the net have em for around the $40 mark.  Just make sure when you order one that it comes with the harware for mounting, i.e. the screws.

I can't see why folks won't be setting them up as folders post/ban and selling to the public.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#2]
rpbusa.com has them on their site. The use 5mm allen head screws available at Ace hardware.  Same exact screws sold when Tapco had the folders.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
any folding stock that is for STAMPED receivers will work - some minor fitting may be required. i have a romanian folder waiting for the sunset for my wasr and it fits like a charm with no fitting required - like they were meant for each other.
mp
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What about flash suppressors?  Did the AK ever have one???

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I seems that the flash hiders weren't common at all, but I have seen a photo of an AKMS with a flash hider.

As we seem it has the large nightvision scope which causes brain tumors, and the PKM style flash hider attached to the muzzle. Not sure wether the Romanians did anything similiar or not with their AIM rifles, but they may have. They do make a flash hider just like that, which you can find at K-VAR. Now, wether or not it was used is the question, but I believe it might have been used on the AIM Carbine's, shorties, krinks, whatever you want to call them. I don't know, but it may be worth looking into! I might pick one up myself!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the wood stock on a WASR-10 a US part or Romanian?  I also would like to put a folding stock on mine, but am wondering if I'll need a new compliance part or not...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
The wood stock is Romanian. You would be replacing a foreign part with a foreign part. You're fine.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top