Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/18/2002 3:04:16 PM EDT
So, I'll be shooting by AK, and now and then the bolt stays back.

It only takes a slight push and it load the next round, but it's a little annoying.

I do have some trigger slap, but not enough to bother me.

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine did the same thing. If you are interested in the way I fixed it here goes......
Funny thing is that when it would do that you could pull the trigger and it would throw the bolt into battery, then another pull would fire it.
You need to file the hammer a little.  You'll see a dent in the top of the hammer where the carrier gets stuck. You'll need to file it down to that piont @ I don't know what angle. I copied what I saw in a Krebs gun.  I took the hammer out, but now that I think about it you could probably do it in the gun.

I'm going to try and include a crappy picture of the location of the filing.  If you attempt this, be sure to stay away from where the hammer makes contact with the firing pin, and remove as little metal as possible.

Edited to add ofcourse the RSA stuff would be a better bet, I just did this to save money at the time, but it's still working fine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine did the same thing. If you are interested in the way I fixed it here goes......
Funny thing is that when it would do that you could pull the trigger and it would throw the bolt into battery, then another pull would fire it.
You need to file the hammer a little.  You'll see a dent in the top of the hammer where the carrier gets stuck. You'll need to file it down to that piont @ I don't know what angle. I copied what I saw in a Krebs gun.  I took the hammer out, but now that I think about it you could probably do it in the gun.

I'm going to try and include a crappy picture of the location of the filing.  If you attempt this, be sure to stay away from where the hammer makes contact with the firing pin, and remove as little metal as possible.

Edited to add ofcourse the RSA stuff would be a better bet, I just did this to save money at the time, but it's still working fine.

Thanks for the info, I did a little Dremel tool work and it's better though it did stay open a few times at the range today.

How much to grind off? an eight of a inch? I guess I'm just a little timid.

Gonna have to buy a trigger group...eventually.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
don't forget to polish up the bottom of the carrier.

the hammer just needs the angles blended/radiused a bit...not an 1/8"!

On the carrier, there are two points of possible contact. One about 3/4 inch near the front(firing pin area) and then a gap and 1 1/4 inches on the back part.

Just polish along the entire line, no grinding, just polishing wheel and compound?

Thanx
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top