Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:04:07 PM EDT
My WASR2 is not taking some mags, some snap in there fine, others need abit of a tap, but about 50% wont go in.  Took the calipers to them and cant find much of a difference anywhere.  

Where should I measure, compare and probaly Dremel

Here is a shot of the well and a shot of the mag not accepting

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that a black plastic Bulgarian magazine? My SAR-2 won't take them either. I'm afraid you're stuck with orange East German mags or the prospect of dremeling your way to compatibility.

Galland
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a 12 pack of poly mags from ORF and 4 of the 12 did not go in smoothly to start. What fixed my problem is to file just a bit under the front lip of the mag. I noticed the mags that worked had a nice deep groove on the lip.  Once I took that little bit of poly off they all worked fine.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got a 12 pack of poly mags from ORF and 4 of the 12 did not go in smoothly to start. What fixed my problem is to file just a bit under the front lip of the mag. I noticed the mags that worked had a nice deep groove on the lip.  Once I took that little bit of poly off they all worked fine.  

I somewhat noticed that when messing with mine, going to pick one to be the test subject today
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top