Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:04:07 PM EDT
My WASR2 is not taking some mags, some snap in there fine, others need abit of a tap, but about 50% wont go in. Took the calipers to them and cant find much of a difference anywhere.

Where should I measure, compare and probaly Dremel

Here is a shot of the well and a shot of the mag not accepting

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:18:52 PM EDT
Is that a black plastic Bulgarian magazine? My SAR-2 won't take them either. I'm afraid you're stuck with orange East German mags or the prospect of dremeling your way to compatibility.

Galland
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:38:39 AM EDT
I got a 12 pack of poly mags from ORF and 4 of the 12 did not go in smoothly to start. What fixed my problem is to file just a bit under the front lip of the mag. I noticed the mags that worked had a nice deep groove on the lip. Once I took that little bit of poly off they all worked fine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:09:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By funnymantrip:
I got a 12 pack of poly mags from ORF and 4 of the 12 did not go in smoothly to start. What fixed my problem is to file just a bit under the front lip of the mag. I noticed the mags that worked had a nice deep groove on the lip. Once I took that little bit of poly off they all worked fine.

I somewhat noticed that when messing with mine, going to pick one to be the test subject today
Top Top