Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 3:20:44 PM EDT
I saw one today for $650 with a 4-16x42 scope (one of the cheaper brands, can't remember what).
All the wood and finish is like new.  Only problem is maybe the scope mount, hopefully it isn't a problem with the side rail.  Someone added a shim in the forward ring to make the scope point higher.  

Anyway, I have a Saiga .308 already that I wanted to convert to a thumbhole stock (vepr is already there of course, and with nice looking wood too) and the 10rnd mag is an advantage over the 8rnd saiga mag.

How much more accurate is the vepr over the saiga, or is there much of a difference?

and

Is $650 a decent price? ( it was 6 something anyway, I just returned from Iraq and the jet-lag is messing me up)

edit* I also can't mount my illuminated dragunov scope to the siaga because the battery stuff hits the upper reciever.  Maybe I could get lucky with the vepr.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking about buying an all original VEPR for $725.  The one I'm looking at has a 5 rd mag, 2 10 rd mags, bipods, russian scope  and side rail mount.  It looks brand new.  I'd be interested in knowing how good of a deal it is, too.  I can't seem to find many of them for sale when I look around.  The guy also wants to throw in 600 rds of portuguese surplus ammo for $140.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top