User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do we know if "normal" AK handguards will work on these?

19" barrel right?

Reports from the Russians, such as PapaZ, is that no - AK Handguards do not fit.

Unknown if they can be fitted, I imagine it will vary from system to system.

There are specific handguards made that fit the Vepr 12 but most are not in the US.

Someone linked a one that would fit a Vepr 12 available in the US, but keep in mind not all vepr fitted guards will due to the barrel size on the 12 etc.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-rail-systems-and-mounting-solutions/id-188/rpk-aluminum-rail-system.html

So there is one that i was told would fit. Maybe check out RPK handguards.

Also Carolina Shooters Supply is supposed to be testing out the products they carry against the Vepr12 and advising customers what fits/doesn't, etc.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine came in. The wood is in good shape

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Where did u get the mag?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:42:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:18:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where did u get the mag?

Got it awhile back from Oleg in the UK

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#7]
To those who got the laminated stocks, did it come with a butt plate?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To those who got the laminated stocks, did it come with a butt plate?

The 'Butt Plate' if you can call it that, is just another thin piece of wood screwed on to the back.

So no, not really.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I paid infull and sent the FFL within hours of the deal posting on Atlantic. Tracking number arrived a bit ago. If it doesn't make it Friday, my FFL is closed until Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#10]
My laminated stock is in really nice shape (looks new) and I actually like the black stain.  Had I not wanted a collapsible stock on mine, I would have thrown a polyurethane finish and some hardware on the laminated stock and used it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered one from Aim Surplus. They had 11 in stock last time I checked.  Where is the best place to get mags at?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#12]
SGM Tactical has the mags. They are after market though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SGM Tactical has the mags. They are after market though.

They are working on them still. They are not available just yet.

If you must have more than 5rd, at the moment your only choice is the Izzy 8rd which are expensive and hard to find. As far as I know, anyway.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone had issues with Atlantic? So far my experience leaves much to be desired.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has anyone had issues with Atlantic? So far my experience leaves much to be desired.

What are the details of your experience?

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Poor phone service, placed an order for the Vepr 12 last week. Checked my Atlantic account for an update but there was no information. Called to confirm they received the FFL I am having it shipped too, and to order Mags.

That was my first time calling, and my last. When buying stuff I like to be able to follow up on my orders via phone without getting treated poorly.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Poor phone service, placed an order for the Vepr 12 last week. Checked my Atlantic account for an update but there was no information. Called to confirm they received the FFL I am having it shipped too, and to order Mags.

That was my first time calling, and my last. When buying stuff I like to be able to follow up on my orders via phone without getting treated poorly.

I am sure, once you get the product it will be great.

I've never called on the phone, but at least one person the have repping them on another internet forum is dismissive and even arrogant about customer service issues. I guess it doesn't surprise me to learn that poor attitude bleeds over into phone service as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you are unhappy with your order with our firm will be glad to offer a full refund on the order  .  We have Russian 5 & 8 round mags in stock the US SGM  10 & 12 Round mags are unfortunatley on hold because SGM wanted to tweak out the design. We hope to see them in the next 7-10 days .

And there's the uncalled far dismissive attitude.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are unhappy with your order with our firm will be glad to offer a full refund on the order  .  We have Russian 5 & 8 round mags in stock the US SGM  10 & 12 Round mags are unfortunatley on hold because SGM wanted to tweak out the design. We hope to see them in the next 7-10 days .

I've called them at least twice bugging them about my VEPR 12 and mags. They were more than accommodating and courteous. My only complaint is that I just now got my shipping notice and I see these other kids posting their VEPRs and how it looks freaking awesome. (Not really a complaint but just because I WANT to be the first kid with the new toy!)
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#21]
My VEPR 12 shipped from Atlantic today; it'll be at my FFL on Friday
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are mad about their CS, they offer a refund, you get more mad.
I don't understand your logic here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I have never had a problem with them. Like most I want my new toy also, but the value add Atlantic is providing with the stock is worth it, plus the mag for those of us that pre-ordered under the deal.

The US mags not being ready isn't a surprise. If they were, I'd expect them to have problems.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are mad about their CS, they offer a refund, you get more mad.
I don't understand your logic here.

I am not mad. I just think they could have a better attitude about servicing their customers.

When someone brings up such issues, instead of trying to understand how they might improve communications and therefore customer satisfaction - instead they take a 'we don't give a F attitude, and if you don't like how we do things take your money elsewhere'

I am not denying that is their prerogative, but I think it's a piss poor business practice.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine should be delivered on Friday as well.

Woot!
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the best brake people are using for these?

ETA I own pg 6!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#27]
GK-01 is the gold standard, but it's big... so it depends on what you are using it for.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do we know if "normal" AK handguards will work on these?

19" barrel right?

The lower will need to be relieved to allow for the 12ga barrel. Upper should go with little or no modification.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What's the best brake people are using for these?

ETA I own pg 6!!

MOLOT GK-01

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I wish Molot offered the left-side safety. Kind of a bummer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I've never called on the phone, but at least one person the have repping them on another internet forum is dismissive and even arrogant about customer service issues. I guess it doesn't surprise me to learn that poor attitude bleeds over into phone service as well.    ][/quote

With all due respect, you have been complaining from the get go.
just relax.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

With all due respect, you have been complaining from the get go.
just relax.

Okay BOSS

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#35]
hey atlantic, whos stocks are you using? if its a tapco, can we opt to get the orig black wood? or pay a little extra to get both... did you get them orig in black wood?
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
hey atlantic, whos stocks are you using? if its a tapco, can we opt to get the orig black wood? or pay a little extra to get both... did you get them orig in black wood?

I called them and requested to get the wood. They said they can do that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#38]
These need sidefolding stocks and 18" barrels.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I emailed Atlantic to confirm they had my FFL info and they got back to me promptly. I've ordered from them before without issue as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I emailed Atlantic to confirm they had my FFL info and they got back to me promptly. I've ordered from them before without issue as well.

I emailed them yesterday morning to confirm my FFL status as well and havent heard back from them yet. I know they are busy filling orders so hopefully they will get back to me today sometime.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
chawkpilot  we are up to speed on all emails and status request so not sure if our return email got lost in your spam folder ? You are also welcome to contact ship dept   [email protected] We are still shipping out orders today and it will go into Friday orders were shipped out in the order that they were placed .

Thanks guys! Checked it at lunch and you had responded with an answer, thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We only took a few with wood because the finish was thin and the stock were missing butt plates & sling swivels , some had nicks & scratches .  We did purchase approx 40 of the best stock sets out of the bunch and have them listed on our web site as a option if a customer really wants the wood. Please note there are no returens or exchanges on the wood and we are making you aware of the finish issues etc

what poly stocks are they rolling out with? kvar, tapco, etc?
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Since it has shipped I will accept the order, but will consider myself Persona Non Grata at Atlantic. I buy a ton of stuff and would like to feel a little like the retailer is interested in my return business.

Thanks  

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since it has shipped I will accept the order, but will consider myself Persona Non Grata at Atlantic. I buy a ton of stuff and would like to feel a little like the retailer is interested in my return business.

Thanks  

Atlantic's top shelf IMHO, wait till you deal with some of the real douche dealers out there that will leave you scratching your head like WTF. Seems like the gun industry has a steady flow of assholes and babies.

I'd say enjoy it and be thankful we got a shot at these Vepr's in this config...

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks  

Atlantic's top shelf IMHO, wait till you deal with some of the real douche dealers out there that will leave you scratching your head like WTF. Seems like the gun industry has a steady flow of assholes and babies.

I'd say enjoy it and be thankful we got a shot at these Vepr's in this config...

I second this.  

You also have to take into consideration, on top of the vepr craze, its 2 weeks to election, panic buying has been in full effect for a while.  In other words they are busy as hell.

ETA:  i get my 2 veprs next tues.  Just in time for all hollowed points eve, hell yea!

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We only took a few with wood because the finish was thin and the stock were missing butt plates & sling swivels , some had nicks & scratches .  We did purchase approx 40 of the best stock sets out of the bunch and have them listed on our web site as a option if a customer really wants the wood. Please note there are no returens or exchanges on the wood and we are making you aware of the finish issues etc

what poly stocks are they rolling out with? kvar, tapco, etc?

Stocks are Tapco.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Just tried to order 1 12 round mag.  $12 shipping? Are there cheaper options?
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just tried to order 1 12 round mag.  $12 shipping? Are there cheaper options?

Atlantic is doing free mag shipping if you.got your vepr from them!!

Second note, Been checking email all day for a "your sweet vepr has shipped" email, but nothing :( hopefully monday! Im dying hearing people have theirs, shoulda ordered one faster! Im glad atleast i have one set aside for me
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top