Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 8:32:46 PM EDT
Here is a picture of a build i did today. This was a Polish kit i bought from Centrtfire a couple of months ago. It was a sweet kit, with the exception of the rear trunion being chopped in half. There was one rivet left on each side of the rear trunion. I ended up MIG welding the trunion vertically on the inside of the receiver. Needless to say she is rock solid. The front trunion was tapped and screwed. The receiver ia from OOW. The finish on the receiver is Allumihyde ll
Took it out and ran 60 rounds through it without a hitch.

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/6161/DCP_0565.jpg
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks very nice!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice, I just love those underfolders!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!

My buddy and i also put together a "Romak 3" Dragunov kit that i also orderer through Centerfire . The Dragunov kit was a breeze to put together. The receiver already had the rear trunion, and trigger guard installed, so we only had to drill for the front. The front trunion was off the barrel and the rivets were already removed, unlike the Polish under folder which still had the front and rear pieces of the old receiver attached. The Polish under folder also had a chunk of old receiver still riveted to the trigger guard. Believe it or not the hardest part of the Dragonuv build was attatching the mag release to the new trigger guard that was already installed on the receiver.  With the exception of the mag release we had the Dragunov built in about 45 minutes.  We took them both out today and ran the crap out of  them. They both ran perfect!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks real nice.  Good job!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
be glad you got one when you did!!!! these are a pain to get now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
be glad you got one when you did!!!! these are a pain to get now.hr

I'm glad i got three!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#10]
That's the one I want......does anyone know where to get these kits now? I saw the kits at centerfire last month but waited and missed out.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's the one I want......does anyone know where to get these kits now? I saw the kits at centerfire last month but waited and missed out.

Tom

These are sweet kits.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119527

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Florida Gun Works & Joeken has them for around $220
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top