Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2003 8:59:33 PM EDT

Kobra sight situation updated 26 OCT 03

ALERT:  We expect a delivery in mid-late November!

We are now out of stock on all models of Kobra sights. This situation is the result of an unexpected high demand, coupled with the inability of the factory to provide an inventory available for shipping at this time. In fact, the availability of the Kobra sight worldwide (including Russia) is almost nonexistent at the present time.

Let me update anyone interested. As you might already know, the factory underwent a really rough time this summer and had to restructure it's organization to survive. In the process, former sales representatives were left without any products to sell in the process. Many of them went on to other manufacturers, or were let go.

The problem had nothing to do with Kobra sights, and actually centered around the main products they manufacture, which is mostly large and costly medical equipment such as iron lungs, defibrillators, and who know what else.

Anyway, now it seems they have returned more or less back to normal operations, survived by thinning down, and have reformed the international sales departments, and on top of this have received a nice new military contract that is keeping them busy for the time being. This is actually good news for us, and means the Kobra sight is alive and well and will no doubt be receiving updates and modifications as usual, due to military interest and requirements.

Currently, the factory has indicated to all distributors that they think by the end of November they can again start filling international commercial orders. So it may be the first of December before we can announce any new orders due to arrive in the US. We will of course be notifying customers and potential customers on our mail list, when we get any good news on this subject.

I do have mint new AK side brackets, still in the factory package, made specifically for use on Kobra sights, in stock right now. So if you have access to one of the Gen 2 Weaver style Kobras, with this factory mount you can correctly convert to the side mount AK style and when you exchange the clamp for this unit, it will be factory correct for the AK and sit low like it should. I know there is a small number of the Weaver styles still floating around for sale here and there. If you have one, get this unit and interchange it for a factory Kobra AK style.

As soon as any change in this situation occurs, we would be glad to notify you and accept prepaid pre-orders for those who wish to reserve a unit. I would expect to have some news that will be passed along next month.

As far as pricing, it is yet to be determined but the current exchange rate is so miserable that I can only assume that Kobra sight prices will be higher than they were last spring.

I will place your name on the notification listing at this time. I wish to thank you for your interest and this opportunity to make a possible future sale. Each and every prospective customer is very important to us. I just wish we currently have the products to meet your needs.

Regards,
Tantal

This is really REALLY starting to suck.

I'm going to be real upset if I can't get Kobra's for my AK-74 builds...

Yuri: You around here?  Any updates from you?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

. . . which is mostly large and costly medical equipment such as iron lungs, defibrillators. . .

Gaaack!! Iron lungs!?!?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Like Tantal said, I also expect the Kobra's (all current models) to be in stock by the end of November.  I can also confirm that the price may not stay as low as before due to the unfavorable exchange rate and due to the rising prices for the components used by the Kobra manufacturer.  I'll continue my "best price guarantee" to asure that my customers get the lowest price available.

I have a Kobra availability notification mailing list, so if you'd like to get updates from me, please send me an e-mail at [email protected]

In the meantime, please take a look at the current selection of red dot sights that I currently have in stock at AK Scopes and Sights  You may find the PK-S01 red dot/black dot sight particularly interesting
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top