Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/1/2007 7:24:06 PM EDT
I just picked up my first underfolder and Hungarian for that matter. I purchased her Saturday and I got a chance to clean her up Monday night. This thing is beautiful. Anyway....I thought that I would add pictures. I can't wait to take her out and shoot a little.

DK
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 2:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2007 9:34:37 PM EDT by Tactical_T]
Very nice. That's one of the best stamped receiver underfolders, and rare at that. What did you pay for her, and where?

I have a Hungarian FEG receiver and and planning to get some Ironwood and building the full-stock version myself.

Just an FYI......Sporstman's Guide has some Hungarian 40-rounders, and Cope's Distributing is taking pre-orders for some new Hungarian 30-rounders. I've always like matching the magazine to the rifle whenever possible, but maybe you don't care.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 2:40:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2007 3:54:05 PM EDT by doneking]

Originally Posted By Tactical_T:
....... What did you pay for her, and where? .......

You would just be mad if I told you how much I paid.

I found it at a local pawnshop.

Originally Posted By Tactical_T:
.......Just an FYI......Sporstman's Guide has some Hungarian 40-rounders, and Cope's Distributing is taking pre-orders for some new Hungarian 30-rounders. I've always like matching the magazine to the rifle whenever possible, but maybe you don't care.

I've seen the posts mentioning those being offered. Right now I've set on mags for a while. I do like to have some original accessories to match my rifles. At the moment I am pretty stocked on 20rd Hungarian mags. I appreciate the heads up though.

I was told after I purchased the rifle that the odd 20rd mag that came with and is pictured is a Chinese 20rd. I knew it was different, but didn't know it was a rare version.

DK
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:40:25 PM EDT
Yeah.....if you got some smokin cheap price on it, you better not tell me what it is. I may get pissed off and jealous.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 7:00:03 AM EDT
I have bought 20 & 30-rd Hungarian mags for my FEG prefer the 20-rd. Best of all I like the Bulgarian polymer 'waffle' 30-rd in it. You obviously need a few 'proven' 30-rd mags for business purposes, but the 20-rd are more 'range-friendly' as far as shooting prone or from a bench. In fact, I use the 10-rd mag in mine when shooting for 'record'. That is a nice Hungarian you have there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:56:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:24:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2007 12:28:06 PM EDT by Tactical_T]
If that story is supposed to make me like you more.....it doesn't. I never get lucky like that. I assume there's no chance you would consider selling me one of those Hungarian underfolders for a smokin price would you? I promise I'd appreciate it, and I promise I'm not a gang banger. Maybe even a trade for something else you might want.....rifle or handgun? Just let me know.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:32:18 PM EDT
Congratulations, man, that's sweet...nice to hear you can still find good deals at pawn shops. Around here everything in pawn shops is expensive and in lousy shape!

I do love Hungarian Aks!
Top Top