Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2007 7:24:06 PM EDT
I just picked up my first underfolder and Hungarian for that matter.  I purchased her Saturday and I got a chance to clean her up Monday night.  This thing is beautiful.  Anyway....I thought that I would add pictures.  I can't wait to take her out and shoot a little.

DK
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. That's one of the best stamped receiver underfolders, and rare at that. What did you pay for her, and where?

I have a Hungarian FEG receiver and and planning to get some Ironwood and building the full-stock version myself.

Just an FYI......Sporstman's Guide has some Hungarian 40-rounders, and Cope's Distributing is taking pre-orders for some new Hungarian 30-rounders.  I've always like matching the magazine to the rifle whenever possible, but maybe you don't care.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
....... What did you pay for her, and where? .......

You would just be mad if I told you how much I paid.

I found it at a local pawnshop.

Quoted:
.......Just an FYI......Sporstman's Guide has some Hungarian 40-rounders, and Cope's Distributing is taking pre-orders for some new Hungarian 30-rounders.  I've always like matching the magazine to the rifle whenever possible, but maybe you don't care.

I've seen the posts mentioning those being offered.  Right now I've set on mags for a while.  I do like to have some original accessories to match my rifles.  At the moment I am pretty stocked on 20rd Hungarian mags.  I appreciate the heads up though.

I was told after I purchased the rifle that the odd 20rd mag that came with and is pictured is a Chinese 20rd.  I knew it was different, but didn't know it was a rare version.

DK
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah.....if you got some smokin cheap price on it, you better not tell me what it is. I may get pissed off and jealous.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 7:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I have bought 20 & 30-rd Hungarian mags for my FEG prefer the 20-rd. Best of all I like the Bulgarian polymer 'waffle' 30-rd in it. You obviously need a few 'proven' 30-rd mags for business purposes, but the 20-rd are more 'range-friendly' as far as shooting prone or from a bench. In fact, I use the 10-rd mag in mine when shooting for 'record'. That is a nice Hungarian you have there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
If that story is supposed to make me like you more.....it doesn't. I never get lucky like that.  I assume there's no chance you would consider selling me one of those Hungarian underfolders for a smokin price would you?  I promise I'd appreciate it, and I promise I'm not a gang banger. Maybe even a trade for something else you might want.....rifle or handgun? Just let me know.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations, man, that's sweet...nice to hear you can still find good deals at pawn shops.  Around here everything in pawn shops is expensive and in lousy shape!

I do love Hungarian Aks!
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top