Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2005 10:04:58 AM EDT
Shot my Arsenal 74 today very accurate and ran throung 4 mags with zero problems .  

BUT the trigger slap on the gun was brutal !!!!!!! It was painful to shoot .

Anyone else have this problem ?    

Fixes ?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]
easy fix change out the fcg
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
easy fix change out the fcg

That sucks though having to change out the FCG on a new gun thats supposed to be the best US made AK clones. Poor quality control . I have heard due to the spike in business they have slipped in qc on their weapons a bit.    

My Romanians never ever had trigger slap even with the crappy Century FCG .

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it back to Arsenal...they'll make it right.

MBR
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
your right it sucks
and i would prolly send it back well the fcg anyway
no need to send the whole gun and worrie about what might happen to it
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
your right it sucks

Yeah it does but the good point is that even with the slap and sun shining right in our eyes we were getting outstanding groups with it 100 yards.

Yeah dont want to send the whole rifle to them.

Didnt think about just sending the fcg .
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#6]
that sucks because you have to cover shipping..that hurts on a NEW rifle....a HIGH END rifle at that..
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I just shot my "new"  slr-105 R and also have trigger slap. By its documentation it was made in 2004. I bought it NIB a few wks ago from a dealer. I called Arsenal and they wondered why I had bought such an old rifle. I like the newer slr-105a1s but I just cant see paying $200  more  just for a threaded FSB. The post ban FSB does not bother me at all.

I examined the FCG but I really cannot tell why it has trigger slap. The disconnector looks ok. I just sent them my FCG so I will see what happens. I did repace the FCG with a spare Tapco G2 I had and guess what; No trigger slap. Arsenal should have taken care of this problem before selling these  rifles. It looks like there are a buch of  slr-105s out there with this problem as I see a few others have mentioned this same problem.  I expected this out of a WASR but not an Arsenal product. I sure hope they have resolved this problem now that the a1s are selling close to $700.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just shot my "new"  slr-105 R and also have trigger slap. By its documentation it was made in 2004. I bought it NIB a few wks ago from a dealer. I called Arsenal and they wondered why I had bought such an old rifle. I like the newer slr-105a1s but I just cant see paying $200  more  just for a threaded FSB. The post ban FSB does not bother me at all.

I examined the FCG but I really cannot tell why it has trigger slap. The disconnector looks ok. I just sent them my FCG so I will see what happens. I did repace the FCG with a spare Tapco G2 I had and guess what; No trigger slap. Arsenal should have taken care of this problem before selling these  rifles. It looks like there are a buch of  slr-105s out there with this problem as I see a few others have mentioned this same problem.  I expected this out of a WASR but not an Arsenal product. I sure hope they have resolved this problem now that the a1s are selling close to $700.

I have been so busy I havent gotten around to taking care of it. I will just throw a G2 in and probably send in the old one after the holidays.

Who did you deal with at Arsenal ? Contact info ?

It's funny I always heard storys about Trigger Slap but never had it happen to me . It really is painful .  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I talked to two people at Arsenal. They did not give their names. Both times I called the first guy kept putting me on hold to talk to a second guy with a foreign accent. I  had to call them twice as the first time I called they said to send the FCG back but did not give me a shipping address. I looked in the owners manual and did not find one so I had to call them back a second time. The interesting thing was the second time I called back the first guy put me on hold again to ask the second guy what the shipping address was.

I really hope that they have this problem fixed as I like the Arsenal trigger better than the G2. I think the tapco version of the G2 is not as smooth as the original Gordon Tech version due to the trigger pin sleeve in the tapco design.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I really hope that they have this problem fixed as I like the Arsenal trigger better than the G2. I think the tapco version of the G2 is not as smooth as the original Gordon Tech version due to the trigger pin sleeve in the tapco design.

Tapco dosen't make the G2's they just sell them.  You can find them cheaper on the EE brand new and shipped not from tapco.  I paid $38 including shipping.  Tapco charges $40 plus $8 or $9 shipping.  Arsenal should just install G2's in their rifles to begin with.  I have a brand new SLR105A1R that had terrible trigger slap.  My G2 is a very smooth FCG that feels just like the factory trigger without the slap.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder what is  different about the "new"  disconnector that is described in the Small Arms Review article on the SLR105A1. It is supposed to eliminate all trigger slap. The author also mentions a future two  stage trigger FCG that will be available. I hope Arsenal will make it available as a drop in parts set and be cheaper than the Red Star set.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I contacted Arsenal and  am expecting the replacement FCG from Arsenal this wk.  However, I am now beginning to think that the trigger slap on the Arsenal SLR-105s are the rule rather than the exception.  Does anyone have a SLR-105 that does not have some trigger slap ? The new FCG uses a newer techonology according to Arsenal. I am not really sure what that means but am looking forward to getting the new FCG.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine is very light and smooth, I'd put it on par with the feel of the National Match trigger I put in my M4. Longer travel but smooth breakover...I was very impressed with that when I bought the SLR.

Z
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
your right it sucks

Yeah it does but the good point is that even with the slap and sun shining right in our eyes we were getting outstanding groups with it 100 yards.

Yeah dont want to send the whole rifle to them.

Didnt think about just sending the fcg .

The problem may not lie with the fcg itself, but the holes in your reciever may be out of spec (ie. too ffar apart, too close, whatever the reason).  I would send the gun back.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got the replacement FCG from Arsenal but have not had a chance to test it out yet. The new  FCG parts are all marked with the Arsenal "A" and USA. The previous FCG that I sent back was not marked Aresnal and had "KV" and USA on it. I assumed it came from K-var. The rifle was NIB so I assumed the FCG came that way from Arsenal. The disconnector on the FCG that I sent back looked similar to a tapco G2 disconnector. The new set includes a disconnector with a "wing" on the back of it. It looks similar to a FCG set that I have seen in another SLR-105.  I wonder if Arsenal has used several different FCG sets in the SLR-105. If the new FCG does not fix the trigger slap I will put back in the "universal" double hook tapco G2 set I got from BJ buffers. It works great wtih no trigger slap and has a shorter takeup than the Arsenal FCG.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a slr105ra1 this spring. The only gripe I had with it was trigger slap. The sad thing is that with all the crappy rifles coming from builders I was very pleased that was the only thing wrong with it. Everything else was superb with the rifle. My last ak style rifle was an ORF built aks-74 that was bought from joeken. It was advertised with rail but when it arrived it didn't have a rail and had been built as a post ban rifle. Not only did that rifle have trigger slap but you could also  tell where someone had cut the weld on the folder, brake, and bayonet lug. Because of that unpleasant experience I won't buy a build rifle unless I can inspect it first regardless of the builders reputation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is a pic of the Original FCG:

And this is the replacment:

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Took the Slr-105 to the range today and NO MORE TRIGGER SLAP.

It looks like the disconnector has a rear tab that makes it impossible for the disconnector to cause trigger slap as the tab hits the rivet of the trigger guard and is prevented from any physical contact with the rear of the trigger.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Took the Slr-105 to the range today and NO MORE TRIGGER SLAP.

It looks like the disconnector has a rear tab that makes it impossible for the disconnector to cause trigger slap as the tab hits the rivet of the trigger guard and is prevented from any physical contact with the rear of the trigger.

Thanks for the great info, i just checked my slr105A1 and i have the tabhaven
kevin
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got a chance to shoot my new postban SLR105 today. My finger is definitely sore and I will be calling Arsenal to get this fixed.

Since I am fairly new to the AK world,  how would I remove the FCG in order to send it back to Arsenal? Does anyone have pics or a step by step process so that I can do this without damaging my rifle?

One other issue (not trying to hijack), does everyone elses SLR105 lock open after the last round is fired? Also, when I pull the bolt back (while no mag is inserted) it sometimes locks back but mostly just slams forward. If I take the cover off, the bolt locks back quite easily. Is this another problem or am I just being paranoid?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I have an early one , It slaps so bad i don't
like to shoot it . I was planning to replace the
FCG myself and just eat the cost since I didn't
want to send the complete weapon back .

I never thought about just sending the FCG back .
Looks like I need to make a call .

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I just ordered an SLR-105A1 today. I sure it doesnt have any problems like that. It will be my first AK, and I really dont want my first experience to be a bad one. I've been CRAVING one for years now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I just ordered an SLR-105A1 today. I sure it doesnt have any problems like that. It will be my first AK, and I really dont want my first experience to be a bad one. I've been CRAVING one for years now.

I'm sure your gun will be fine. Mine was a quick fix just replaced the fcg myself. I will eventually send the original back for replacement once I get around to it.

Even with the slap I was getting some amazing groups at 100 yards.

Stock up on some mags as they are pretty cheap and also stock up big time on ammo .
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I fully plan to do just that as soon as I know for sure that my rifle will get back in stock. I ordered it from thegunsource.com, and they were out so I've no idea when to expect it arriving.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top