Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:31:01 PM EDT
I have two very nice guns, a

1) Saiga conversion by Krebs (103K)

and

2) FEG receiver Global/Arsenal SSR-85C

I have a new Hungarian folder that will fit the SSR-85 and a new Bulgarian underfolder for the Krebs Saiga conversion.  Money is not the issue (not that I'm loaded).  As you know, converting these to underfolders would involve some machining the receiver to fit the underfolder.  The rear tang that supports the existing fixed stocks would also have to be removed - not a big logistical problem.  A rear trunion would have to be installed and this MAY change around the riviting scheme currently in place.  Please give me your opinion.  Would you install underfolders on these guns of leave "as is."  (since the AWB expired I have had an urge to install as many EVIL parts on my guns as possibe).  

Thanks for your opinion!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
mod the Krebs, that guy pisses me off with his AR15 stock fetish
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If money isn't an issue, why not leave them as is and buy factory made underfolder?

I had to get a underfolder myself, and got a Vector. It looks cool and all, but it isn't as great as I imagined after I got my dirty little hands on it. If I could go back and do it again  (since money is an object for me ) I would have just bought one with a standard wooden stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Russian sidefolder for the 103K, leave the other one as is
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell me you're going to leave that SSR-85 alone!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an UF question, too. I just ordered a Bulgy Krink from K-Var. Is it wrong of me to want to install an UF. I have a couple of 74 sidefolders, already. It just seems a Krink with an UF is much more evil than a sidefolder. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say do at least one of them - probably the FEG. Underfolders are the coolest things; but they're also very neat and functional.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have an UF question, too. I just ordered a Bulgy Krink from K-Var. Is it wrong of me to want to install an UF. I have a couple of 74 sidefolders, already. It just seems a Krink with an UF is much more evil than a sidefolder. What do you guys think?

you are going to have a hell of a time modifying that receiver to work with the UF.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you are going to have a hell of a time modifying that receiver to work with the UF.

Nyet
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

With an AK74, an underfolder would not be "Kosher."  I like the look of an underfolder too...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I would say that the Krebs would rock with the unferfolder. But before you do it you need to make sure that it will seat properly into the locking pins. I have an underfolder with a picatinny foregrip and you cant fold the stock with anything on the rail.....I would put anything on your rail that you may want on there....and see if the underfolder would fit by holding it where you would drill the mounting holes in the reciever.....You may be able to sneak a flashlight at the very front of the rail but I gaurantee nothing else will go on there.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Modify the receiver? I don't even have it yet. Still waiting on Global. It will be virgin. I wasn't changing a sidefold receiver to an UF receiver.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Modify the receiver? I don't even have it yet. Still waiting on Global. It will be virgin. I wasn't changing a sidefold receiver to an UF receiver.

aah, misread, no problems there.  I was thinking you had a complete sidefolder for some stupid reason
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I would leave them like they are cause if you decide you don't like the underfolder and want to go back to a fixed stock you will have a big hole in the side of your receiver. If you want an underfolder, I would look at one of the Century/DC Industries Yugo M-70 underfolders that are being sold now.  The quality, fit, and function of these are quitea mazing considering they are put out by Century.  I have heard that they are contracted out to a few reputable builders, and their work has been very good on the few examples that I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread goes beyond helping me, I'm sure there is 500 out there wondering the same, thanks all, KEEP THE OPINIONS COMING.  I would like to hear from those such as Templar that knows everthing
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#15]
id change the krebs if it did not have the side folding stock.

if it does have the folding stock,.. i would save up and get or build a underfolder.

i never really cared for the under folder until recently,...and it just so happens i have enough left over parts to kinda "frankenstien" together a underfolder. should be interersting.

do let us know which choice you make
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#16]
It looks like I'm going to sidefold the Krebs with a Russion sidefolder. Anyone have any stong objections! Thanks! Chuck
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It looks like I'm going to sidefold the Krebs with a Russion sidefolder. Anyone have any stong objections! Thanks! Chuck

DO IT!

just keep that godawful AR stock away from it
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DO IT!

just keep that godawful AR stock away from it

Please expain, thanks! RHM
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top