Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 12:21:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 12:22:10 PM EDT by trvo]
I have a kit, unbuilt as of yet, I checked the HS and I have come to the conclusion that it's just a tad bit on the insufficient HS side. I don't have a GO guage, but it won't close on a round, almost, but not quite. The thing I can't understand is that if some of the rounds are rotated it will go into battery easily. It will not close on a No-Go. What is your opinion? Actually, I did test one brand that it closed on pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:24:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By trvo:
I have a kit, unbuilt as of yet, I checked the HS and I have come to the conclusion that it's just a tad bit on the insufficient HS side. I don't have a GO guage, but it won't close on a round, almost, but not quite. The thing I can't understand is that if some of the rounds are rotated it will go into battery easily. It will not close on a No-Go. What is your opinion? Actually, I did test one brand that it closed on pretty regularly.

Just to get it out of the way, you did strip your extractor or know it's not hitting on the extractor, right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:51:21 PM EDT
Yes, bolt stripped, chamber cleaned, trunnion cleaned, and bolt cleaned
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:50:46 PM EDT
If your bolt is not a matching number to the barrel trunnion, there is a chance your headspace is off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:04:58 PM EDT
Are you checking HS to bolt lockup or full rotation?

Here's a great link on headspace issues from gunco.net library (search from beginning)

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2557
Top Top