Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 7:37:43 AM EDT
Those $300 AK-47s from AIM Surplus are looking pretty good to me.  I think I need an AK.

I noticed that AIM also sells a "Recoil buffer" for AKs.  Is such a thing really necesarry, or is it a solution in search of a problem?  I thought the AKs were famous for being nearly indestructable.  If so, then why does it need a recoil buffer to protect it from normal use???

Also I'm curious if I get a SAR-1 from AIM surplus, will there be a bayonet lug on it?  Would it be legal to attach a bayonet?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I thought of that after the fact, that these would probably be post-bans and thus no bayonet lug.

On the recoil buffer, how do you use that?  Does it go entirely inside the rifle, or are parts of it exposed outside?

I used to think AKs were just ugly peasant guns, but after seeing some of the $25 refinishing jobs on here, I'm now concerned about aesthetics.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The recoil-buffer isn't really necessary but it's cheap insurance so what the hell?

Which color do you like - black or green ??
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I used to think AKs were just ugly peasant guns, but after seeing some of the $25 refinishing jobs on here, I'm now concerned about aesthetics.

-Nick Viejo.

I'll take that as a compliment!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=53915
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On the recoil buffer, how do you use that?  Does it go entirely inside the rifle, or are parts of it exposed outside?
-Nick Viejo.

The recoil buffer goes entirely inside the rifle, and none of it is exposed.  It's pretty easy to install, the tricky part has to do with the recoil spring and guide which you have to dismantle.  I'm fairly new to AKs, so if I can do it, then you'll be OK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top