Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 5:01:13 PM EDT
I'm SKS illiterate, other than I know that they're cheap, cheap to feed, they work (until you introduce them to hokey, mall-ninja aftermarket crap), and that their accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

That said, there's a lot to be said for a gun that's cheap, cheap to feed, and works. A friend came recently into one, and offered it to me for "whatever I thought would be a fair price". I've no desire to "get one over" on the guy, as he is a real friend, and he doesn't know how much to ask for it.

I know Yugo's are going in the low $100's. I know Chinese examples command some more, but I don't know what fair market value is today.

Markings:

SKS 7.62x39MM MADE IN CHINA BY CGA
IMPORTED BY GLNIC LA. CA C7 91013XX

Condition is unfired with the following "flaws".
- It came to me in a RamLine stock, bayonet was removed. I've returned it to it's unmolested state in the original stock. The serial number is rollmarked onto the right of the buttstock, so I'm certain it's the actual correct stock. I've replaced the bayonet, again, with it's original. The rivet was removed and replaced, so it's blemished on it's outer diameter.
- the reenforcement screw that traverses the stock over the magazine is blemished. I think the previous owner may have mistakenly tried to remove it when he put the RamLine stock on.
- there are faint arc marks under the receiver cover pin lever and the lever on the right side of the rear sight, whatever that block is referred to as.

Other than the above, it is absolutely flawless in appearance. The parts (inside & out) have that familiar factory sticky coating on them, including the op-rod & piston which have obviously never seen oil.

What's a fair price?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#1]
If he's a friend $100.00 to $125.00 If he's a real buddy $75.00.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top