Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 3:50:05 AM EDT

Hi!

I received my Tantal Brake from Hot Barrel (Gunco) Yesterday.  It's very sweet and EXACT! It's in the white though so will need to be refinished with your kit.  Guy's don't miss the boat on these tantal brakes and tantal pistons... cheap  copies of the originals and will count for us parts

For $30 and a USA part (clearly stamped on the bottom) I'm happier than a pig in shit!  

My Kit is packed up and on the way to the builder this morning ... 3months and y'all will see some pics of my 'new' baby.

Link to the Brake Tantal thread

Good luck and enjoy -
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
SWEET!.........Mine should be here any day now. Glad to hear they look as good in person as they did in the pics.

Tint
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I read the thread you linked to about the pistons, but there was little there about the pistons.  Did I miss something?  Any pics of a Tantal piston beside a standard piston?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I read the thread you linked to about the pistons, but there was little there about the pistons.  Did I miss something?  Any pics of a Tantal piston beside a standard piston?

I hate to say it (no I don't) my kit is at the PO ont he way to the builder - can't shoot the pics for you!!!!!!!  

Nose around the Gunco tantal BIY forum to find the pics.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I received my brake and piston with VERY short turnaround and have already sent them off to the builder.  I was pleased.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I received my brake and piston with VERY short turnaround and have already sent them off to the builder.  I was pleased.

CFH - Who is building yours?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Who has the phone # or web site for the person who is making the tantal break and piston.
Thanks,
Sparky1
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Who has the phone # or web site for the person who is making the tantal break and piston.
Thanks,
Sparky1

I've only communicated with him via IM on Gunco.  everything went smooth as silk.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Josh is building mine.

He's also going to be building me a Polish AKM clone using a laukart laminate stockset and a PMKMS kit minus the underfolder.

The underfolder is going to be used on a "mutt" shooter underfolder made from a Romy parts kit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Some post a pic of the US Tantal brake here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks,
Sparky1

I've only communicated with him via IM on Gunco.  everything went smooth as silk.

Yup, the maker posts on gunco.net

His username is Hotbarrel.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Some post a pic of the US Tantal brake here.

sorry mine is at the builders already.  Follow the link I posted above to the gunco thread.  Plenty of pics

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Were the front ports on your brake kind of uneven. I have gotten two of them and they both had uneven metal in the front ports---I wouldn't dream of sending them back. Will take a 15 min with a dremel and file to make nice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#13]

looks strange to me...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#14]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Where on "gunco.net" can those US made Tantal brakes be found?  I couldn't locate anything about them there. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Where on "gunco.net" can those US made Tantal brakes be found?  I couldn't locate anything about them there. Thanks.

You need to be a registered gunco member (free)  ---> press the link HotBarell
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top