Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/4/2020 3:02:50 PM EDT
Hello,
I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys regarding running my ACE pistol 7.62x39 suppressed. I’ve seen several youtube videos and postings here where folks have the Ace suppressed, Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck with mine. I’m running a AAC SDN-6 and the fun seems to lock up every other round or so. Seems to be over gases a bit. Is there a fix for this that some one can recommend?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello,
I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys regarding running my ACE pistol 7.62x39 suppressed. I’ve seen several youtube videos and postings here where folks have the Ace suppressed, Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck with mine. I’m running a AAC SDN-6 and the fun seems to lock up every other round or so. Seems to be over gases a bit. Is there a fix for this that some one can recommend?
Thanks in advance
View Quote
KNS Adjustable gas piston is a must.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/12/14/galil-ace-suppressed-kns-piston/
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
You’re a life saver! I’m on it now.. any spring adjustments or buffers needed in addition too the KNS?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You’re a life saver! I’m on it now.. any spring adjustments or buffers needed in addition too the KNS?
View Quote
Nope. That’ll do it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a Galil ACE 7.62x39 pistol. What other cans are you guys trying in conjunction with a KNS?

I own a Surefire SOCOM 762, but the flash hider requires timing with shims. I find this hard to do on a rifle that lacks a shoulder on the barrel. The Galil ACE has lock nut, but not sure how this would work with a Surefire flash hider. I think OSS may be the best way to go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just ordered a Galil ACE 7.62x39 pistol. What other cans are you guys trying in conjunction with a KNS?

I own a Surefire SOCOM 762, but the flash hider requires timing with shims. I find this hard to do on a rifle that lacks a shoulder on the barrel. The Galil ACE has lock nut, but not sure how this would work with a Surefire flash hider. I think OSS may be the best way to go.
View Quote

The lock nut will work just fine to time the flash hider in my experience with my 5.56 and .308 ACEs. I'm using Griffin taper mounts with form 1 cans on mine and both were perfectly concentric when checked with an alignment rod.
I had my doubts about it also.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
So I did it. I had a local gunsmith install the Surefire SOCOM flash hider on my Galil ACE pistol. Using a KNS adjustable gas piston, the pistol runs like a champ with my Surefire SOCOM 762. I probably have the valve set so the port is 2/3 open. It will run suppressed and unsuppressed without issue. No gas to my face, but boy does the handguard get hot.

Attachment Attached File

It is a tack driver. 25 yards with irons in a dark indoor range (my eyesight sucks):

Attachment Attached File

So now, I have to debate if I should SBR my Galil ACE pistol. If I do so, what 922R parts should I use? Frankly, I am glad I have a thick handguard (the factory one) because it has a heat shield. The front of the gun gets very hot, especially the gas block. It's best to use a glove on your support hand. I'm going to order a low mount for an Aimpoint M5, and it should be a great gun < 100 yards in. KNS makes that plastic delete kit, but I actually like my Galil's pistol grip and trigger. Thoughts?

Also, does anyone think an OSS can is worth buying? I am fairly happy with my Surefire 762, Genesis and 556 RC2 SOCOM cans.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't sweat 922r.

If you really care, get an RS or MI rail, and KNS plastic delete.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I did it. I had a local gunsmith install the Surefire SOCOM flash hider on my Galil ACE pistol. Using a KNS adjustable gas piston, the pistol runs like a champ with my Surefire SOCOM 762. I probably have the valve set so the port is 2/3 open. It will run suppressed and unsuppressed without issue. No gas to my face, but boy does the handguard get hot.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/10504/IMG_6394_jpg-1704536.JPG

It is a tack driver. 25 yards with irons in a dark indoor range (my eyesight sucks):

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/10504/IMG_6395_jpg-1704537.JPG

So now, I have to debate if I should SBR my Galil ACE pistol. If I do so, what 922R parts should I use? Frankly, I am glad I have a thick handguard (the factory one) because it has a heat shield. The front of the gun gets very hot, especially the gas block. It's best to use a glove on your support hand. I'm going to order a low mount for an Aimpoint M5, and it should be a great gun < 100 yards in. KNS makes that plastic delete kit, but I actually like my Galil's pistol grip and trigger. Thoughts?

Also, does anyone think an OSS can is worth buying? I am fairly happy with my Surefire 762, Genesis and 556 RC2 SOCOM cans.
View Quote
If you like the factory pistol grip but want to get rid of the plastic around the magazine well, you *can* just cut that off. It is basically just snapped into place.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you like the factory pistol grip but want to get rid of the plastic around the magazine well, you *can* just cut that off. It is basically just snapped into place.
View Quote

this is my plan for the 5.45
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top