Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 11:00:11 AM EDT by Ligament]
Hi all,

I'd like to upgrade the grip on the Arsenal SAM-5 to a more ergonomic and comfortable model, but I do not want to sacrifice reliability/durability at all. I've been eyballing the TDI grip, Falcon Industries Ergo Grip, and Tapco SAW style grip. Which is best?

Which fits the SAM-5 without modification since it is a milled AK?

TDI grip:

Falcon Ergo Grip:

Tapco:
[color=red][/color]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:10:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 11:15:51 AM EDT by cruzie27]
anything but that damn tapco saw grip,.. it will look tacky as hell under a SA-M5

i used something close to the TDI grip you showed,..but now i have a Ironwood set on my M5 so that fills my hand just fine.

ETA pictures

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:13:06 AM EDT
I used to use the Falcon Ergo Grip on my SA M-7 (now sold). It was very comfortable and I started aquiring more for other rifles. That is until I discovered the TDI grip. It fit my (and my wife's) hands much more comfortably. I bought a couple more, but the whole "not a US made part" thing kept being a problem. Then I found the SPEC "Issy" model copy. It's just as good in my book. I've now got a few of them and replaced all my TDI's. One is on my SA M-5S right now. I love them.

The catch, in regards to your question, is that they do require modification. They have to have the top opening widened a little bit to fit. No harm done. They still feel rock solid.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:03:33 PM EDT
I might suggest you try the bulgarian AR-M9 grip the K-VAR sells, you will need the longer attaching bolt thought. It is a little longer then the standard, a little wider , and is already set up for the left side safety lever. I find it very confortable, but if your set on a american PG than go with the TDI, I aslo have that one on my M7 and it feels great.......................Dave
Top Top