Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 10:48:35 PM EDT
I know of the Choate, Fiberforce, etc.  What I would really like to do is get it to pistol grip and folder.  I plan on going all black USA furniture, and swapping the FCG for 922 compliance.

Any suggestions on dealing with the slant cut receiver?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You could buy an underfolder and drill a hole through the rec. to mount it.  (I think)

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
i need the exact same answer??? what are all our options??...........................
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
standard butt stocks will fit, they just look a little goofy since the seam on the receiver won't match the ridge on the butt.
this pic shows what i mean, this a MAK with a WASR stock set.

you can get K-var furniture and for a folder put on an ACE folder, both styles of ACE adapters will fit but the flush mount one will be exposed a little bit and is said to take a bit of work to get it to fit (not designed for a Chinese AK).

I forgot to mention, if you decide to go with a wood stockset Ironwooddesigns.com makes beautiful stocksets in walnut and laminate.  they require a little finish work but are well worth the effort and they fit the angle cut perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I was looking into Ironwooddesigns stockset for the Milled receiver MAK $98.00, or a folder but with the Milled receiver I didnt know how (with a folder) I'd fill in that hole in the back, plus I did'nt want to F*** it up. I found under folder stocks for $69.00 how hard would it be to put one on the Milled receiver? Also I would obviously require the proper number of US parts.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Thanks for your help guys, and the referral kami211, I'm going to go Ironwood until I resolve the folder issue.  The ironwood sets are just beautiful.

I would like that flushmount ACE folder, I guess I'll be on the lookout for a MAK-90 straight cut to use the folder setup.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's an ironwood set on a slant cut MAK90 - black stain. Had to do a little hand fitting of the stock and then I went ahead and used some acraglas to bed the stub perfectly with the receiver/trunnion - took a little time, but the fit is perfect and you could probably shoot it w/o screwing it down. I split the ironwood hand grip fitting the grip screw spacer so I'm using a plastic one now.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:34:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Now that looks good, sorry to hear about your grip, I'll be careful with mine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:52:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks for your help guys, and the referral kami211, I'm going to go Ironwood until I resolve the folder issue.  The ironwood sets are just beautiful.

I would like that flushmount ACE folder, I guess I'll be on the lookout for a MAK-90 straight cut to use the folder setup.

ACE is rumored to be making a flush mount adapter block specifically for the angle MAK's, supposedly coming very soon.   hopefully they'll finally make a version that fits the Chinese straight cut receivers as well.

as for the Ironwood Designs, i got a walnut set and didnt' have any problems with the pistol grip splitting.  i did take some time to channel out the lower handguard though, i have a bad habit of burning up Chinese wooden handguards and didn't want it to happen again.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top