Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:06:45 PM EDT
Hey

Well I would like to purchase a spot welder for various projects I have in mind. I have never actually used one and I was looking at the 115 volt spot welder from harbor freight.

My question concerns the power supply.  Will a 115 volt spot welder work in a standard plug? I am told the welder will produce quality welds up to 1/8 sheet metal, is this true? Does anyone have any experience with this unit?

Sincerely
Ian
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
yes it will plug into a standard 115 outlet and is for thin sheet metal. works great for the rails fast and easy.  the 220 volt is for thicker metal
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The 115V works perfect for lower rails.
Here is some info for the lower tong mod.

spot welder tong mod
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The harbor freight one works fine, just let it cool down between recievers if you are doing a bunch (like 10).  I thought I killed mine, but it just got corroded for lack of a better term between the tongs and tips, so a little cleaning and some dielectric grease and it is up and running again.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top