Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 7:20:22 PM EDT
Glad to meet you. I really wanted one of these and paid through the nose to get it because I'm going blind and can't really use iron sights anymore. Now what? What are my options here? Can those folks that own these covers show me (photos?) what they've installed on their Valmets?

I posted this over at Valmet.org too just to cover my bets.

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I got it and it fits nice and solid like the old dust cover.  This is the one with the flip up site at the front of the dovetail.  The dovetail looks similar to those on Sako rifles.  Looks like this is a 3/8" dovetail so I'm going to look for a 30mm scope ring that fits the 3/8" and mount a Japanese made Tacpoint red dot.  The rings will have to be low profile to get the optic down low enough to use with a good cheek-weld.  I'll post photos if i can get all this to work.

John
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top