Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:39:21 AM EDT
I have a half-case of 5.45 Wolf ammo and I no longer have my 74.  I am wanting to sell it or trade it or whatever but I didn't know how much of a hazzle it is to ship ammo.  Can someone give me a heads up on how pricey it would be, other than the weight.  I have heard you have to pay a Haz-Mat fee or something?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Loaded ammo is classified as ORM-D=Other Regulated Material-Domestic and requires no hazardous material handling fee. Shipping ammo costs the same as shipping any other non haz-mat item.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
OK , so what ya'll are saying , is that I ( a private citizen ) can ship a case of ammo to my brother in law in Podunk , USA without ANY restrictions ? Assuming I use Fed-Ex or UPS of course .
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Only restriction is that many UPS sites will not take ammo.  You need to take it to a UPS hub.  I have been told Fedex will not ship ammo std ground.

I have had soooo many problems shipping rifles and ammo by the various shippers.  Either because their own staffs don't know the regs. or as with UPS the stores are restricted as to what and how they can ship items.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#6]
In my town we have one of those shipping chain stores. Shipping R Us,We ship stuff, or whatever it is called. I just write ORM-D in 1" letters on the front of the box and they ask what is in the box. I say ammo and ship it the cheapest way. They say it can't be shipped the cheapest way because ammo can't be sent by US mail so they ship it UPS. They charge a extra couple dollars but it beats driving 25 miles to the nearest UPS place.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top