Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 12:21:04 PM EDT
I'm planing a couple of Saiga builds with either both of them being 7.62x39 or one each 7.62x39 and 5.45x39. I have some questions regarding the barrels and whether certain parts fit.

1.  Is the barrel diameter of the Saiga rifles different from your standard AK(say an SA85 or SAR1)?

2.  Can I install a 90 degree gas block, or will that cause issues witht he barrel?

3.  If it isnt different, can I add a 90 degree front gas block to one?

4.  If it is different, who makes a 90 degree gas block?

5. Whats the consensus on the 90 degree front gas block sold by IO that also has a front sight integrated(not the one with the big threads)?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm planing a couple of Saiga builds with either both of them being 7.62x39 or one each 7.62x39 and 5.45x39. I have some questions regarding the barrels and whether certain parts fit.

1.  Is the barrel diameter of the Saiga rifles different from your standard AK(say an SA85 or SAR1)? I've only done 103 conversions, using a Bulgy AK74 FSB on them, 7.62x39

2.  Can I install a 90 degree gas block, or will that cause issues witht he barrel? Should already have a 90 on it, you can add a new one w/ bayo lug, again I did this from a Bulgy 74 part to a 7.62x39 Saiag

3.  If it isnt different, can I add a 90 degree front gas block to one? Yes

4.  If it is different, who makes a 90 degree gas block?

5. Whats the consensus on the 90 degree front gas block sold by IO that also has a front sight integrated(not the one with the big threads)? Never used one

good luck with your builds!

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top