Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 8:50:34 AM EDT
What parts do I need to make the  Saiga 12 with folding stock legal?

I am replacing the: hammer,trigger, disconnector,pistol grip and mag floorplate with American parts.

After I replace the 5 parts I should be legal correct?

Thanks
    FREE
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Free,
where are you getting US floorplates?

I have read several different opinions on this and have to go with what Oliver said: 4US parts, I am going to replace FCG and grip.

One guy said that since it doesn't have a barrel extension/threads, that only 3 are needed?

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Check this out from the above sticky: Saiga Conversion sticky

The goal is to have 10 or less foreign parts.  With a non-PG rifle like the Saiga, that means replacing four parts because it consists of 14.

The FCG obviously counts as three parts.  If the folding stock is Made In The USA, then thats four parts.  Since the PG did not exist at importation, it is an added part that brings the total up to 15; therefore, it either needs to be a US part or anther part must now be replaced.  

Finally, the floorpates would get you down to 9 parts.  Unless I missed something, you should be OK.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Well after reading I only need 3-4 parts (various opinions).

Im going with 4 parts to be on the safe side so I wont need to make a floor plate.

As of no there is no US floorplate I was going to make one US made by yours truely, but now its a non issues as it wont be needed.

Now it must have a bayonet lug, for no reason except for it to look more EVIL!!!

FREE

Quoted:
Free,
where are you getting US floorplates?

I have read several different opinions on this and have to go with what Oliver said: 4US parts, I am going to replace FCG and grip.

One guy said that since it doesn't have a barrel extension/threads, that only 3 are needed?

Kevin

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]
FreefallE6, hows it coming along? IF you have questions or run into problems on the conversion IM me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Post pictures when your done
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Post pictures when your done

...and have your wife hold it up too
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top