Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 12:37:10 AM EDT
Does such a beast exist? I have a Yugo SKS, all original, and I'd like to replace the heavy wood stock with a synthetic, but I don't want to ditch my folding bayonet. Anyone know of a synth stock that meets those requirements?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
None i have found
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The Chinese "Jungle Stocks" will work with a small amount of fitting.  They come in two styles-blade and spike bayonet.  Paint them black and there you go.  Keeps the same profile as the wood stock and they are dirt cheap to buy (10-20bucks).  Just my .2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
If you miss your target are you going to stab it? If you diss the wood stock diss the bayo too. You can get a Choate dragunov it will work on them. But watch your hand you will get poked when shooting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Its a purdy stupid stock, but it is what you asked for.

SKS Synthetic stock with folding bayonet  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, it is stupid looking, and expensive for an SKS stock.

When it says 3 complaince parts, I understand that the stupid laws make a gun illegal because it has a foreign spring, or a foreign mag, etc, etc... But I didn't know any part of the stock was considered non-compliance / compliance. Do I have a problem if I don't change anything except the stock?

Thanks,
H
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
When I bought my Yugo SKS it came with a synthetic stock.

Its not one of those monte carlo stocks or anything like that, it looks like a regular sks stock, with a slot for the blade bayonet.

I have yet to see another similar stock online anywhere but I'm sure they are out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it is stupid looking, and expensive for an SKS stock.

When it says 3 complaince parts, I understand that the stupid laws make a gun illegal because it has a foreign spring, or a foreign mag, etc, etc... But I didn't know any part of the stock was considered non-compliance / compliance. Do I have a problem if I don't change anything except the stock?

Thanks,
H

I believe that adding the pistol grip makes the Tapco stock a BATF compliance issue.  In their eyes you have reconfigured an imported weapon by adding a section 922r banned feature to an imported rifle.    Furthermore, this "reconfiguration" now makes you a manufacturer in their eyes who just violated 922r.   You do have an out if you can prove that your rifle was imported before the initial 1989 Sec 922r ban.  Don't you just love these fancy laws?

Now for my consipiracy theory.  It would appear that certain groups have gained their wish by making these "military-like" weapons unaffordable.  I remember when an SKS could be had for about $60 when purchased in bulk, and the MAK-90 could be had for $125 to $160 when purchased in bulk.  Don't even get me started on 1200 round crates of 7.62x39 Norinco Steel Core Ammo that were $80 to $90, shipped.  I miss those days!  Now what do we have:  Non-chromed Yugo SKS rifles that run anywhere from $100 on up and Junk Romanian AK like rifles that cost anywhere from $350 to $500.    Furthermore, 7.62x39 ammo is hard as hell to find.  It is to the point where I am almost ready to junk any weapon of mine that shoots the hard to find 7.62x39 round to fund a .308 purchase.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Here's the same stock at Aim Surplus for $71.95.

Ed
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The thing costs more then what i paid for my SKS to begin with.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top