Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:54:08 AM EDT
Ordered spam cans of 7.62X39 toward the end of Dec. and told bo'd till Feb. now got another e-mail saying it's bo'd till March 3. At 52 and change per can I guess I can wait a little longer. Good thing reoading and shooting the AR's is so cheap. Might have to start reloading the 7.62x39. If somebody would make brass at a reasonable price it would sell well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm experiencing the same.  I don't mind waiting, figure I'll get it sooner or later.  I am getting tired or having to confirm my backorder.  3 times is as many weeks.  If you need ammo outdoormarksman.com has wolf hp in stock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I went throught the same thing. I got 3 changes in delivery date before I finally got it.

Don't sweat it, it will show up when it shows up. No big deal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
There are thousands and thousands of people on backorder. When they get ammo in, they ship in order of when you ordered. The backorder date only tells you when a new shipment comes in, not if it is enough to fill ALL the backorders.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I canceled mine I found cases at Gander Mountain for about the same price. I know how to fix the backorder problem, quit taking orders if you don't have the stock. I am much more pissed by get the backorder email two day after I order, then going to the web sight and seeing out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I canceled mine I found cases at Gander Mountain for about the same price. I know how to fix the backorder problem, quit taking orders if you don't have the stock. I am much more pissed by get the backorder email two day after I order, then going to the web sight and seeing out of stock.

Why would you cancel your order? Do you feel you won't need any ammo in the future?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
They don't charge you untill they ship your order.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't like to be screwed around, I work in manufacturing if we take orders we can't fill we go out of buisness. I will pay a little more to have ammo in hand. Don't get me wrong I SG and when they have what I need in stock I will order from them again.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#8]
How are you getting screwed around if you know it's on BO and you choose to just wait till it comes in?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about you guys, but I personally would like to obsessively hit refresh in my browser until i see "Out of Stock" change to "In Stock", waiting for the 5 min window to open for ammo purchases.  All of this simple ordering and waiting, knowing that you will be receiving ammo in a relatively short time, who needs it.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I just recieved my 1 spam can from SG on Friday. (waited maybe half of month for it. Of course I did cancel my HP order for this FMJ because of the price.) Two days before it was even suppose to ship. They even threw in a $10 coupon for my next purchase. The only complaint I have is that the HP is $10 more then the FMJ for some unknown reason to me.

If ya'll didn't order so much ammo at once you'd probably get it quicker and there probably wouldn't be as big of a problem with not finding ammo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I find it humerous that so many people knowing full well there's a shortage will search out the lowest possible price, place an order with the understanding it will be backordered, and then bitch about it.  

just human nature, I guess.....  
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top