Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:15:19 PM EDT
I got my Polish underfolder kit from SG today. I will be honest, this is the first kit I have ever bought and did not know quite what to expect. There is finish wear on the external parts, but most of it looks like handlin. I am sure this is not a brand new kit, but...the bore is immaculate. I only paid $200 for it. I was going to try to build this myself ( first build), but I am going to buy a Romanian kit to try first. So...who do you guys recommend to build this under-folder fo me? Thanks for the help.

I will try to post pictures of the kit this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:16:56 PM EDT
What came with it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:25:35 PM EDT
Only accessories that came with it was a sling, three cell pouch and a used mag.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:35:56 PM EDT
That doesn't sound all that bad, pics will tell for sure though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:37:42 PM EDT
Congrats.......the polish doesn't present anything out of the ordinary with a 1mm receiver build, I would sent it off to the most cost effective builder that does both parking and gunkoting such as global military gunsmithing, with the nice wood that usually comes with it, I would recommend using the receiver, FCG, grip, and piston as your US parts. Buy a good piston from krebs or kvar and good deep red pistol grip that matches your wood
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:39:18 PM EDT
Actually, don't slap me, but I want to sell the wood and do plum furniture on the underfolder.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:43:50 PM EDT
plums should be left to AKM-74s IMO but hey it's your rifle and you could be doing worse, plus to go totally US plum you keep your piston
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:57:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1Gunner:
plums should be left to AKM-74s IMO but hey it's your rifle and you could be doing worse, plus to go totally US plum you keep your piston[/quote

+1 ---
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:28:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chinook:
Actually, don't slap me, but I want to sell the wood and do plum furniture on the underfolder.

How much do you want for the wood? Been looking for a bulged laminate lower HG, and a matching upper one would be nice too!
Top Top