Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 4:14:10 PM
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/3/2005 5:20:39 PM EDT
Hi! This is my first post to this forum. I used to have a thumbhole Mak-90, but got rid of it a few years ago. I have been missing having one ever since. I came across a Russian parts kit at SG for a good price and I ordered one. Well it came in, but was in nowhere near the condition they advertised.
I decided to keep it anyway. I have been surfing the web, trying to find out as much as possible about a receiver and building it into a shootable semiautomatic. The big problem is, it has a milled receiver and these appear to be hard to find and expensive. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with information on sources for milled receivers and especially from anyone who has built or had built a Russian milled underfolder.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:27:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:30:38 PM EDT
Ive never built one from a milled receiver but you should be able to use a stamped receiver with out to many problems. You might need to replace or make a rear trunion.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:46:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thedukeryan:
Ive never built one from a milled receiver but you should be able to use a stamped receiver with out to many problems. You might need to replace or make a rear trunion.

I believe you will need to have the barrel turned down so it will fit into a regular trunion if you are going to go that route.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:24:43 AM EDT
you can mill down the front block and use it as a trunnion
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:56:43 AM EDT
Thanks everybody for the info. I still haven't decided whether to put it in a milled receiver or stamped yet. That was a great idea to use the milled stub as a trunion. I have access to a mill so that is a possibility.
Top Top