Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 9:29:28 AM EDT
Okay...correct me if I am wrong...

If you build an AMD out of a parts kit after registering the receiver as a SBR (short barrel rifle) it would still have to have the correct number of US parts?

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes Sir.....Gotta have the proper US part count..
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have heard that since it would not be classified as a rifle for sporting purposes it wouldnt have to have them but I could very easily be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
In all honesty, if you take the time to get the tax stamp for the SBR, I wouldn't worry about the proper parts count...  The BATFE have much bigger fish to fry then one rifle whose parts may or may not be in compliance with 922(R).
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
NFA-type firearms do not fall under section 922r so they do not require US-made parts compliance.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
NFA-type firearms do not fall under section 922r so they do not require US-made parts compliance.  

That's how I understand it, but I'm no expert.  IIRC, QUARTERBORE posted a letter from the ATF covering this about a month ago.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn I didnt know if you regester a SBR you did'nt have to have the proper US parts count....Makes that Krink a little better deal then...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1 because the sporting clause does not apply then
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]
$200 - $cost of US parts = not a bad deal at all.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top