Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 9:51:25 AM EDT
im sure this has been asked before so please forgive me for being lazy and not searching.....

i really do believe that every gun-lover should have at least 1 AK.  with that said, i think its time i got one.  id like to get a "cheap" one that i can mess around with.  im thinking a nice set of new wood furniture. and a coat of gunkote. it looks real nice in my head.  

anyway, how do i tell the diffference btween the sar's and the wasr's and all of the others?  which ones do i stay away from?  i know the wasr's are not exactly top notch, but other than that im AK-ignorant.
oh, id like to stick w/the traditional 762x39.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Then you want a SAR1 or WASR. QC is not perfect on either, so double check sights/gas block/side rail for friendly angles. Main concern with WASRs is they start as low caps and the mag wells (and parts counts) are changed to accept hicaps, so check the mag fit. I'll gladly pay 10% more for a SAR1 and not worry about the WASR mods being done my a smith or a bubbas dremel. Or mod a low cap WASR yourself.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:   the sar-3 = 5.56 x 45 calibre. this is a romanian bastard that is built for the export market...

That is great!    

I have never heard anyone describe a SAR-3 quite like that!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
valuable info.  thanks guys. what about stamped v. milled?  can a stock set made for a milled be mod'd to fit in a stamped AK?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top