Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:33:35 AM EDT
I have a Saiga .308 carbine length rifle. When I got the gun it was allready convereted to pistol grip and full stock config. The 8 round mag is a super huge downfall for this rifle. Does anyone know who does the Galil .308 or Fal mag conversions for these? This would definetly be a keeper gun with a 20 or 30 round mag. The 8 round really makes this rifle look hokey..

Thanks guys..

Allen Mance

http://home.woh.rr.com/alnico/saiga.jpg
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You should be a regular on the Saiga Forums to keep up to date on hi cap mags for the Saiga. Assuming that you do not want to make any alterations to your rifle, the hi cap options appear to be:

(1) Some folks have cut the top off of a HK G3 mag and glued or duct taped it to the bottom of an 8 round Saiga mag. This will produce a 24 round magazine.

(2) Tony Tromix is still working on modifying an M14 magazine which he will sell for around $65 once he has worked out the kinks.

I don't recall anyone else modifying another type of magazine without modifying the firearm.

I am waiting for a hi cap mag, too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My conversion received just the other day.

Thought I would take some photos of before and after:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

[size=18][color=black]Phase II (After I move back to Ohio, I will start working on it...)[/color][/size]

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Who did the conversion??  Did they convert a Galil madg to work in it???

Man, I really want a 20 or 30 round mag in this rifle. I have 11 other AK's and this is the only lowcap one I have.

Feel sorry for me ??   No?  Damn.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The low cap situation is the only reason I have not jumped on a siaga 308.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Who did the conversion??  Did they convert a Galil madg to work in it???

Man, I really want a 20 or 30 round mag in this rifle. I have 11 other AK's and this is the only lowcap one I have.

Feel sorry for me ??   No?  Damn.....

Alnico,

You have a great looking fixed stock Saiga.  I would finish off the front end first chance you get.

I had Troy Sellars of In Range do the retrofit.  He opened the mag well just a bit in order to fit the Galil magazine.  It's going to take some additional work to the trunnion and mag catch in order to make it feed with unmodified Galil magazines.  I plan on doing that in Phase II.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The low cap situation is the only reason I have not jumped on a siaga 308.

Same here. Such a shame.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder why promag or someone hasn't made a aftermarket 20 or 30 round mag? Tons of these rifles were sold.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Does he have a website? How much did he charge you for the mag conversion work and the modified 20 round Galil mag?

Thanks,
Allen Mance
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top