BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 6:34:27 AM EDT
Hey all!

A couple questions regarding the Russian sidefolders:

1) does the kit K-VAR offers (p/n AK-007RFS www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=270&1=271&3=693) contain ALL necessary parts for installation on a rifle with the side-rail scope base?

2) will the AK-100 series plastic sidefolding stock body drop into the hinge mechanism above, with no extra parts or gunsmithing required?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
1) I believe so
2) Not quite. One of the pins is larger, the russian one i think, so you have to do some work to the trunnion hinges and use something for a new pin i think. Not much, but it wont just swap out.

Edit: Well thats russian, so maybe, i dunno. At the most, you'll have to do what i said above.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#2]
1- Yes, if it includes all in the photo.

2- No. The Russian is a larger diameter. With some fitting though, it can be made to work. Actually though, the stock that K-var sells is actually Russian, but an earlier Tula made model.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
2- No. The Russian is a larger diameter. With some fitting though, it can be made to work. Actually though, the stock that K-var sells is actually Russian, but an earlier Tula made model.

That's what I'm asking. I know about the Bulgarian-to-Russian fit issues, but Russian-to-Russian should be more or less drop-in, yeah?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I'm asking. I know about the Bulgarian-to-Russian fit issues, but Russian-to-Russian should be more or less drop-in, yeah?

Actually it depends. If both are modern Izhmash like Rusmilitary, Ruseller from GB, etc sell then you will be good. BUT, the older Tula stocks (like K-var sells) use the earlier smaller diameter.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Actually it depends. If both are modern Izhmash like Rusmilitary, Ruseller from GB, etc sell then you will be good. BUT, the older Tula stocks (like K-var sells) use the earlier smaller diameter.

Aha!  Learned my something new for today.  Thank you, sir... now I'm off to go order the correct part.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Russian AK100 series rear trunnion with that hinge, would it work with the AK100 sidefolder?  Does anyone know where I go to get a large diameter pin for the hinge?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I know about the Bulgarian-to-Russian fit issues...

That's what is holding me up on my Bulgarian build. Since the Bulgarian tang and the Russian tang are slightly different, I have to wait on my Russian stock to arrive before having the rifle built. If they were the same, I'd just have the tang riveted in and swap stocks later.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top