Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 10:40:54 AM EDT
I've noticed that I never see any Russian made AK47's for sale. Are they that hard to get in the states, or have I just been looking in the wrong places? If I were to find one, would it be worth a lot? And just so nobody says anything, I am talking about one with a legal American reciever on it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The Saiga 7.62x39mm is as Russian as you can get  100%.  It is made in the IZHMACH factory where I believe Kalashnikov started it all.  They are imported by EAA.   The only catch is that in order to import them they have to have a sporting stock on them=goofy looking.

Very easy to retrofit to pistol grip configuration with proper (5)U.S. parts and drill/mill/dremel tool.

-vato
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Some Russian kits came in this summer.  Most of the ones I saw were milled receiver kits but I think some stamped ones made it in too.  All the reports I heard were that they had heavy use and showed lots of wear.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Direct imports of AK related items is forbidden because of some trade agreement between Russia and the US. Only sporting guns are allowed, thats what the Saiga and Vepr are able to make it in.

Russian kits do make in it from time to time, mostly from Israel. They are battlefield pickups though, and not brand new. A few nice ones did make it though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out www.gunbroker.com I found an AKM kit there and although it was used and somewhat abused, it will look great once Chris at AK-103.com get done with it. The bore is nice and shiny and once t is refinished it should be just dandy. MOst of the kits listed right now are milled but keep looking.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've noticed that I never see any Russian made AK47's for sale. Are they that hard to get in the states, or have I just been looking in the wrong places? If I were to find one, would it be worth a lot? And just so nobody says anything, I am talking about one with a legal American reciever on it.

Like I said in my previous posting, gunbroker is the place. They are not expensive but price varies depending on condition of course, I paid about $300.00 for mine after shipping and all that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a PLO capture underfolder kit, that is ALL Russian marked. Its in pretty good shape, other then the finish.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I picked up a Russian kit that was an Israeli capture. The wood shows that it's obviously been used, but the bore and parts look in great shape. Too bad the whole thing doesn't have matching parts though. The only matching parts on it are the front half of the kit minus the barrel, and the bolt and carrier. Not sure about the internal parts. Once I get the cash, I'm gonna take it to AK103 and have it put together.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top