Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 8:34:21 AM EDT
Is buying one of these like basically buying a parts kit minus the receiver? Meaning can I get one of these and replace the receiver, or would I have to replace a lot more parts?

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
Well for the Romys..you have to free all the parts from the remnants of the old receiver and rivets, then build with a US receiver and five additional US parts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:47:13 AM EDT
I understand that some of the ABC posts aren't real verbose, but I'm thinking you skipped completely over them.
You have to have a certain number of US parts for it to be legal.
Your first sentence is correct.
You will also need a receiver.
Recommend you read the AK ABC's forum and the AK BIY forum. Specifically, the "The Parts Count Question" in the ABC's forum.

Originally Posted By MauserMark:
Is buying one of these like basically buying a parts kit minus the receiver? Meaning can I get one of these and replace the receiver, or would I have to replace a lot more parts?

thanks.

-mark

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:48:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2005 10:49:13 AM EDT by Lakemoor]
mistake post.

Sorry
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:56:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MauserMark:

I will take a stab at this...
(1) Romy kit ($99)
(2) Tapco G2 FCG ($28)
(3) US MADE Gas piston ($15)
(4) Receiver ($50)
(5) US MADE Slant brake/Pistol grip $(15)

That is it for parts...
This info will get you going.... the rest of your questions can be answered by reading the ABC's
Top Top