Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 3:26:15 AM EDT
Would like know are the Romanian 10/63 underfolders any good as far as the folding stock and craftsmanship
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is just fine but you always have to expect a little wobble with an underfolder ..... it's one of those things, you either like  them or hate them.. I happen to like them.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I got one a year ago, and have been impressed with the craftsmanship and quality.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive had mine for three year's now and i gotta say it's become one of my favorites .  stock  still locks up pretty tight not much play.     yet.   .  i would not have a problem recomending one . as long as you can hand pick youre own or buy from one of the trusted vender's..   hope this help's
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
ya i got one of the wasr 10/63 ufs and its been a really good rifle.  shoots good and built solid as a rock.  keep in mind that a cheek weld is next to nonexistent with underfolders in general.  this is not specific to wasrs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Odd man out, here.

I got a bad one 'bout three years ago.

Came in a black, plastic, oddly shaped "wrapper" (furniture). I was hoping for wood.

Rear of action cover was bent inward sufficiently that snapping it back on with a casual slap didn't work. Easy repair, but WTF.

Bayo lug restoration was so poorly done that one needed a hammer to lock a blade on or to remove it. Over time this may work itself out ... over a very long time.

Worst of all is extended butt wobble-wiggle well outside the bounds of acceptability, meaning when the rifle was shouldered it easily produced four to five inches of play vertically at muzzle tip. Butt assembly locked up tight tho. When folded up the assembly displaced over too far portside preventing an operator to work the selector switch of the weapon on the right side (a gratuitous slight if there ever was one). My smithie couldn't tighten up the contraption at all so wobble persists. A comrade spotted the problem, a too generous axial hole punched thru the port side of the receiver. In essence the frame needs to be welded up and redrilled. True, there are AKM folding butt assembly tightening procedures on the net - good for that. I checked them all out. It seems tho that these address lateral wiggle and not vertical waggle.

As I was super busy at the time of purchase the gun sat around in its box beyond the CAI warranty period. My bad, of course, but don't make the same mistake should you buy.

I recommend anyone reading these lines to go ahead and acquire their own WASR-UF. When it arrives try the thing out and send it back if it is not to your liking. Like anything mass produced, my lemon is what it is; I don't believe it is representative and so ... go out and buy WHILE YOU STILL CAN. In future I hope to wear my particular axe OUT. For what it has done to me I'm ready to return the favor in spades!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top