Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2005 7:18:54 PM EDT
They have a section for decifering the yugo markings, so why not romanian markings?

Mine has a orange "G" on the left side of the rear sight base and "88" painted on the stock and a red dot near the rear trunnion on the butt. What does it meen? It'd be cool to track down the unit she came from, maybe see what battles that unit was in? Maybe my little war pig was used to commit acts of mass genoside.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the orange "G" engraved on the sight block is on all the kits, I'm guessing it stands for good or someother word/grade, maybe garbage meaning it was to be demilled...  either way that one has no real importance, except for being ugly.  (The good news is a little JB Weld and some sandpaper will fix that prior to finishing)

The 88 on the stock, what year is the trunnin marked?  I'm thinking it might be an 88...

The dot.. no idea.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I just received a Romy kit from DPH Arms and mine has the same red/orange G on the left side.

Mine appears to be brand new other than some handling marks (and being cut in half).
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top