Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:09:32 AM EDT
I'm ordering three Romy kits first thing Monday.  Now I just have to figure out what type of front grips I want.  I used to hate the look of the ones with the vertical wooden hand grip, but they're growing on me.

Any strong pro/cons for each type?  Are the curved vertical ones really uncomfortable to shoot, or does it  just take some getting used to?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The ones with the front pistol grip are very comfortable to shoot, especially from the hip.  They just look like a high school wood shop experiment.  They work well and look best with a folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I also like the pistol grip lower front handguards.  

If you plan to use an underfolder rear stock, try to find one of the lower handguards which slants backwards instead of forward.  The rearward slant makes it possible to use with the underfolder.  I love mine.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top