Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/26/2003 6:24:46 PM EDT
In my search for a 5.56 AK style rifle a dealer suggested Robinson (VEPR)... Are these good weapons? I've heard nothing bad to date(?)
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the very best. Some whine about the weight of the RPK receiver (about 1.5lbs over a normal stamped receiver) but they have great function/fit/finish/accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
In my opnion these are the finest NEW factory stamped receiver rifles on the market. I only wish they didn't have the rear slant cut.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In my opnion these are the finest NEW factory stamped receiver rifles on the market. I only wish they didn't have the rear slant cut.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.

Thanks for the info everybody.

Fill me in. What is the rear slant cut you mention?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and I can only say it's my favorite AK variant........ditto what Troy said on the slant cut.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Look where the rear stock fits the receiver. The angle cut makes the VEPR stock the only one that fits there without significant work. A problem for those who do not enjoy the 40 gigajoule range plamsa rifle look.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Look where the rear stock fits the receiver. The angle cut makes the VEPR stock the only one that fits there without significant work. A problem for those who do not enjoy the 40 gigajoule range plamsa rifle look.

Got it... The furniture is the only thing I don't like about the VEPR. I may have to go with a non-rpk receiver. I've got to have a plum rifle :')
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#9]
The stock actually fits me about perfectly.

Other options include ak-103.com or arsenalinc in Nevada.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top