Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:23:51 AM EDT
I have been trying to keep this on the back burner, but it is starting to eat away at me. I wanted to hold off on an RPK kit, but now I want one. Can someone recommend where to buy the best kits for the money right now.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
the Used RPK kits from Ohiorapidfire.com are the best IHO..

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, I am open for either caliber. I will have to look at ORF's kits. How much? Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 2 Romy 7.62 kits from CSI ... I'm well pleased except they were Both missing the cleaning rod and both trigger guard assemblies were trashed with the cutter ... I emailed a couple of times but got no response ...

They do have great bores ... Dated '75 & '89 ...

My Smith should be done with them in a few months ...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

forum.saiga-12.com/uploads/gallery/1142136322/gallery_1079_61_106546.jpg

Is that a used kit?  Looks much better than mine...

Spooky
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you put a side mount scope rail on an RPK?

Would it be correct?

A low power scope or PSOP with the AK-74 retical would be cool on an RPK. I bet that heavy barrel is really accurate, especially on a 5.45x39 gun.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Romy RPK kits can also come out nice.  This is a kit from DPHArms.  Excellent condition - all numbers match.  Home built on DCI receiver.  Also refinished the wood myself.

Got 2 Bulgrian RPK-74 in the works also.  One will be a Russian black plastic sidefolder.  

Warning: RPKs are very addicting.  Buy one and you want one (at least) of each.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Warning: RPKs are very addicting.  Buy one and you want one (at least) of each.

This warning is the same for all AK variants!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I got this Yugo RPK kit from Centerfiresystems.com.

Talk to Jane, Pam or Lois they take care of the ARFCOM guys.

FREE

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for the igmo newbie question (and hijack potential) but what is an RPK? It looks like a complete AK without the receiver? If so, do you just buy a receiver and reassemble??

Thanks

[/hijack]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's one I put together from a Bocefus M-72 kit (he only sold a very few of these kits) on a DCI receiver.  Mirror bore.  All numbers match.

CFS is the only place I know of right now that still sells these kits.  Can always check on Gunbroker also - might get lucky.  

RPK (Ruchnoi Pulemet Kalashnikova) is the SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) which replaced the RPD (Ruchnoi Pulemet Degtyareva).  RPK stamped receiver rifle goes together pretty much the same as any stamped AK.

Edited to add photo - wood after cleaning it up and before kit build

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I called a week two weeks ago and CFS was out of the bipod kits (after you and no expert got them). Maybe they just wouldn't sell me one since I returned 3 shit hungarian kits.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
DPH arms still has Romy RPK kits listed on their website.  MIght want to see what they have left.  Scott is a good guy to deal with - straight shooter.
dpharms.com/romanian-rpk-kits-p-143.html

As I'm sure everyone already knows the Romy RPK kits are chrome lined - the Yugo RPK aren't.  I've seen many sewer pipe Yugo RPKs.  I also think I/O still has new laminated Romy RPK furniture sets for around $60
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Krink556,
Nice RPKs!  Can you tell more about the Romy RPK kits from DPH.  There is no description on their website and I have not dealt with that company before.  
Did you use the NDS-7 receiver?  Any info appreciated
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a few ROMY AKM kits from DPH Arms.  All were top notch.  

I bought the Romy RPK kit from them back around Thanksgiving time last year when he (Scott) first got them in.  I was very happy with this kit and I'm probably one of the pickiest people when it comes to kit quality.

I also replaced the furniture with I/O new Romy RPK furniture.  I added laminated PG and refinisihed all the pieces so to get a perfect coloring match.

I don't know what he has left.  I'd suggest contacting Scott.  He's a great guy to deal with and very honest.  BTW - he does a lot of business over at Gunco.

Oh yea, almost forgot.  I did use DCI NDS-7 receiver on the Romy RPK.

Here's 2 RPK-74 kits ready to be assembled - one Russian wood, one Russian black plastic sidefolder.  Have two NDS-8 receivers for these.  Bought scope rails for these from Tantal.  These are both K-Var kits.  More expensive but they are absolutely new.  Romy RPK47 trunnion modification by Ted Marshall.  Furniture sets put together from pieces purchased from; I/O, Stottman and Andrei' K.  

Hope this helps with giving you some more information on what's out there regarding RPKs

RPKs are addicting but like mentioned before so are all AK variants

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

forum.saiga-12.com/uploads/gallery/1142136322/gallery_1079_61_106546.jpg

Is that a used kit?  Looks much better than mine...

Spooky

Yup it's a used kit. I think I just got lucky..

HK
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#17]
The plum grips on the Bulgy RPK kits are the Cat's Ass.

BTW - here's another way to get a Romy RPK.  Don't know anything about the builder, but wanted to mention this anyway;
www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=FIARRPK

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top