Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 5:36:15 PM EST
Had an idea on how to do the detent with screws.

I think this can be duplicated during the build. I'm going to use a center punch to force the receiver into the recess of the trunion. Next I'll fill the hole with J-B Wield. Then re-drill the hole and install the screw.

What do you guys think?

www.salt6.com/ak-74.htm

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:41:28 PM EST
Sounds good, but I think a screw with a dimple on the bottom that nearly matches the depression on the trunnion would be better. Since you have a lathe, do you think you could modify a screw to look like that? I've never used a lathe, so I don't really know what's possible. Also, what's the compressive strength of JB Weld? Could you tighten the screw enough to hold without either squeezing the JB out of the recess and/or having it crack? A set of rivets is $20 at K-VAR. I think you could sell a set of 10 modified screws for that. If they were stronger than what's generally locally available, some here would probably pay even more. That might be a way to make a small profit.z
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:08:22 PM EST
Banging my head against the wall.

I should have seen that! Guess, sometimes your too close to the problem to see more than one answer.

Thanks for the input,

SB
Top Top