Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:05:19 AM EDT
Would a 1.6mm be a better way to go for the underfolder? Anyone else use this one? How did it go together and how do you like it? What about the trunions being narrowed, especially the rear one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I realize that I'm not answering your question, but..

I have a Global 1.0mm and it's very nice.

I am not sure why the 1.6 is neccessary. No reason to modify your trunnions, and military 1.0mm units have a long life if properly made and heat treated.

I think that Nodakspud, maker of the excellent Yugo receivers, will be making a Polish underfold soon, and some have asked them to add the correct reinforcement plate as well. I'd wait a bit.

The reinforcement plates are available for $10 or so anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Would a 1.6mm be a better way to go for the underfolder? Anyone else use this one? How did it go together and how do you like it? What about the trunions being narrowed, especially the rear one.

For properly heat treated receiver 1mm is sufficient.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top