Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 10:13:04 PM EDT
There are a lot of ways to get these holes drilled, but for some reason I always end up drilling them at like 3am after a long day of work and listing to some freakshow on C2C. Hence, I get tired or distracted and mis align a hole or something.

I can't imagine I'm the first one to do this, so if someone else posted this idea and I stored it in my subconscious, then forgot and later think I'm some kind of genius, well credit where credit is due.

I made this from some steel plate and small angle iron. Yes the welds suck, but the AK that spawned from this jig definitely doesn't suck. You take the barreled receiver and place it on the jig. Line up the dust cover where you want it, clamp the sides to keep it in place, and drill all the way through. You can turn out Commie Quality rifles while not missing Red Elk and his antics on the radio.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice........this should help!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you post a picture of this jig in use?

Thanks,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
great idea

if you designed 1 that was adjustable (alot of diff sized rear blocks) and bolted it to the trunnion holes so it didnt ruin a trunnion for each type i can see this being used alot in the future
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#4]
That was my first idea, bolt to the tang...

It was like 2am and I had didn't have the patience...and there was the welder...and the extra trunion.

It would be cool to make a totally adjustable jig that drilled one hole at a time and accounted for all types of hole patterns.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes its like someone reached right in my head and pulled the idea right out. That is the very same type of thing I was thinking up. After looking at your I think I was heading in the wrong direction with mine. So Thanks alot, I'm time and money ahead now !  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#6]
hehehe yeah  that happens to me all the time too...

I got one I'm going to do for the front truion too..much harder to make bet we'll see.

I'll load up some pics of both in use when I can.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top