Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 6:43:03 PM EDT
Here's a  pic link to a Maddi RPK that I'm thinking about selling.  I have an SBR'd krink in process but have decided I need one of ORF's with the cool looking fake can.  Started with a '94 thumbhole stock maddi RPK,  Replaced the furniture with Russian stock and handgrips.  Added US FC, pistol grip and piston.  Then sandblasted, parkerized and KG gun coated.  I was going to put a RPK bipod on it as well but the barrel is too thin and the Russian RPK bipod I have is too long.  

Well heres a pic -

What do you think I should ask?  I was thinking $600 to $700 range.

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:15:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I really hate yahoo's picture hosting!  Here's the link:

us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/3c23d3a4/bc/ak+pics/__hr_maddi.rpk1.jpg?bc2UIX_A.i9Gi2XL
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
still doesn't work, and it's too bad because I'd like to see it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Aaaahhhh!

Lets try this one:
f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gunslingerdoc/vwp?.dir=/ak+pics&.dnm=maddi.rpk1.jpg&.view=t
or this one and you have to hunt for the RPK:

f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gunslingerdoc/lst?.dir=/ak+pics&.view=t
Thanks Campy for the price update.

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Try the retail store price trick and go with like $599.   It's a really nice looking RPKish AK and I think it should sell easy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I debating whether to list it on the EE or just wait until the big Tulsa gunshow in Oct.  Everytime I've taken stuff there to sell or trade I've alway gotten my asking price - including crap that was just taking up space on my bench.

Of course, at some point I alway end up regreting selling pretty much every gun I've ever let go.  But if I'm going to have an RPK, it must have a bipod so I think this ones going on the block to finance the new (hopefully) krink from ORF.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
What a nice gun. I wish I didnt just agree to my wife to move into a bigger appartment...no new toys for RG for a while :( Heck, I'd even trade an Uzi for that but I'm currently using the one I've got....
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the compliments guys.  I still havent decided what to do with it yet.  I did talk to Mike at ORF and the krink with side rail should be done in a week or so...  Now its just a matter of hiding the funds transfer from my better half...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top