Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 11:39:37 PM EDT
It was suggested to go with a RPK.  Im not familuar with the RPK.  I want a AK with more BBL.

Link Posted: 9/28/2003 1:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
An RPK is an AK with a longer/thicker barrel. 23" vs. 16"

The receiver is reinforced as well. If you see a Russian VEPR, that is an RPK receiver.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 3:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Plus its got that weird buttstock on it!
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Here are a few pics of my RPK.

Note: The barrel was turned down in order to fit a regular AK Front Trunnion.  This was built on an OOW Receiver.

KF

Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Be aware that the rear stock is made for prone shooting, and many are not thrilled with it in more upright positions, ymmv.
Speaking of funky stocks, you can get a RPK receiver and 20" bbl on a VEPR from Robinson Armaments.
See the Red Star Arms site for the VEPR report when they took a 5.56 20" AK to highpower league shooting last year. Not that the 7.62x39 will be that good, but I have met both Ken and the shooter, trust them, and dare you to find a proven more accurate result with an iron sighted AK.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
will the standard ak stuff fit on it.  I have a 762x 39 chineese ak. Is there any conversions for it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
will the standard ak stuff fit on it.  I have a 762x 39 chineese ak. Is there any conversions for it?

Between the RPK in Troys pics, the VEPR I mentioned, and your Chinese gun, which "it" are you referring to converting?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top