Quoted:
Greenlight Arms

BUT WHEN?!

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Tried.

The phone rings straight to voicemail, and the Qwest voicemail deal informs you that the voicemail box is full, and disconnects you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Greenlight Arms

This appears to be another GOOCH setup. **I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO SEND ANY MONEY IN***   This guy has not contacted ANYONE since 7/20/2005. Phone Rings/ No email answers ......  At this point I feel I'm out the money I sent in June - Glad I just paid for 1 receiver rather than the 3 I was planning.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How about a recon to the company?  Can we get a member to visit in person???

a Gunco member 'might' take the trip (3 hours both ways).  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually, a gunco member did make a trip out there recently, it wasn't me but I met him on his way back to his home. He saw the flats that had been screwed up by whoever did the laser cuts. I dont know the owner of Greenlight Arms but I think comparisons to the Gooch are a little harsh this early. I think Chris will come through.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#12]
www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12555&highlight=greenlight

Gunco member stopped by Greenlight Arms on 07-29-05

That's a little over two weeks ago.

cwtoyota last posted on Gunco on 07-15-05 it appears.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I think Gunkgy is a good judge of character too, he would have told me if he smelled anything fishy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Actually, a gunco member did make a trip out there recently, it wasn't me but I met him on his way back to his home. He saw the flats that had been screwed up by whoever did the laser cuts. I dont know the owner of Greenlight Arms but I think comparisons to the Gooch are a little harsh this early. I think Chris will come through.

Harsh?  Hmmm lets see:

#1 - Doesn't Post Anymore
#2 - Doesn't Return Emails to anyone
#3 - Doesn't Answer Phone Calls
#4 - Doesn't return Phone Calls
#5 - Has My money and other peoples money and / or Kits.

I hope I'm VERY wrong and look like an A-hole.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Well that's the most positive post I've read in a month.  My fingers are crossed and I hope to look like an a-hole soon then.  I'll be an a-hole, but will have my RPK receiver.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Harsh?  Hmmm lets see:

I do see your point and I'm not really going to bat for him because I really dont know him at all. He's got a decent rep over at Gunco and he's building a give-away RPK for Gunco. Only time will tell if he can come through with the goods.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Harsh?  Hmmm lets see:

I do see your point and I'm not really going to bat for him because I really dont know him at all. He's got a decent rep over at Gunco and he's building a give-away RPK for Gunco. Only time will tell if he can come through with the goods.

HAD a decent rep at Gunco.  That was the only reason I gave him a shot.

Gunco Thread #1

My system is dogging right now on the gunco site... 1 more thread on gunco and 1 here on ar15.com. All threads start out raving about his service and product.  They all go down hill starting about a month ago.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow I hadn't realized that it had gotten that ugly over there too. I habg out over there a bit more but since I dont have any kits that needed this reciever I only half payed attention. I'll see if I can reach Gunkgy tomorrow and see if he has any insight.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Guess I dont have to call Gunkgy, he saw Chris today.
www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?p=170324#post170324
Post #12
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Great to hear!  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Greenlight Arms

I sent him money for one of his receiver tools some months ago and he kept up with emails until he got the funds and then couldn't remember to send it to me.  I had to contact admin at gunco to get him to respond and finally received it about a month after he said I would have it.  Guys who ordered after me got theirs first but they also had to contact the gunco owner. People are real quick to contact you to get your money sometimes, but then get behind and find it easier to ignore you.  

Some people just take on too much at one time and then everything seems to go to hell.  I think this is one of those times when someone took on too much work and has become overwhelmed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Becoming overwhelmed is understandable - it happens to everyone.

I really want these receivers, as do a lot of people.  I can understand the feeling that if you were to answer all the emails and phone calls, it would take a LOT of time away from builds and receiver production.

That's understandable as well.

It takes 10 minutes a week to post to Gunco, AKfiles and Arfcom a weekly update letting people know that you're alive, you're well, you're still working on stuff, and not to worry, nobody is going to get screwed, you're still building the stuff - and that you don't have a lot of time to answer the phone, individual emails and post responses.

10 minutes a week for a simple reassurance.

Not trying to throw fuel on the fire, just trying to point out the importance of regular contact.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top