Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 8:54:48 PM EDT
I just received my RPD kit from Center Fire Systems today and I must say that I am VERY impressed. The condition of the parts appear to be new. The blueing is perfect, no wear inside the topcover, the bore is perfect and shiney, the stock/lower assembly appear to be new and unissued.

Also, I decided to pick up one of those Soumi parts kits for anothe $19 and thought that I would get some rusted up bottom of the barrel for that price. Well, the kit was UNISSUED. The stock did not even had a nick or scratch on it.

VERY impressed with the both kits. Now, I am just waiting for Ohio Rapid Fire to starting pumping out semi RPD receivers.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to build up your Suomi, the guys here:

www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=520&PN=2&TPN=1

have have figured out most of it.  They are using an AR FCG and a 16" barrel set-up and recently sent in a barrel sample to the BATF approval.  It's a long read, but if you're serious about the Suomi build then it's great info.  Your kit likely has the front filler and charging handle intact which will make the build easier.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top