Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/24/2003 6:10:16 AM EDT
About a month or two ago, I ordered and received my Krebs Custom AK-74 gas pistons.

Doing a bit closer examination, and comparing to the pictures on the Krebs site, it looks like the Bulgarian gas pistons more closely match the AK-47/AKM pistons.

The AK-74 pistons in the picture, like the ones I received, don't have the same lip on them that the AK-47/AKM and Bulgarian pistons do.

Has anyone here used these pistons? Should I see if I can return the AK-74 pistons and exchange them for the AK-47/AKM pistons?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:54:53 PM EDT
Bump.

Don't mean to be annoying or anything, just curious if anyone has ever had this issue.

A couple of people told me that the US gas pistons not measuring the same length as the Bulgarian gas pistons wasn't an issue - that they just "had to be reasonably close".

How accurate is this?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:17:26 AM EDT
Kythri, this is what I was told about gas piston Lenghts, from a gunsmith that comes to this site.I asked the same question basicly. He said " as long as the piston( USA) isn't bottoming out in the gas block there isn't a problem with one being longer than lets say a ComBloc piston.Went on to say it will function fine and I will have NO PROBLEMS out of it.Im hoping this is what your looking for.I ordered a piston from Global trades and it was alittle longer than the piston ( Bulgy 74 ) that it was going to replace.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:16:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WarDawg:
Kythri, this is what I was told about gas piston Lenghts, from a gunsmith that comes to this site.I asked the same question basicly. He said " as long as the piston( USA) isn't bottoming out in the gas block there isn't a problem with one being longer than lets say a ComBloc piston.Went on to say it will function fine and I will have NO PROBLEMS out of it.Im hoping this is what your looking for.I ordered a piston from Global trades and it was alittle longer than the piston ( Bulgy 74 ) that it was going to replace.Cheers WarDawg

And I've just ordered one from Krebs.....so I guess we're gonna see.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:55:18 PM EDT
Alrighty, cool.

Thanks, both of you.

5subslr5: Did you order the AK-74 piston, or the closer-visually matching AK-47/AKM piston?

I'm curious if the lip on the Bulgarian piston being non-existant on the Krebs '74 piston will be an issue?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:49:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kythri:
Alrighty, cool.

Thanks, both of you.

5subslr5: Did you order the AK-74 piston, or the closer-visually matching AK-47/AKM piston?

I'm curious if the lip on the Bulgarian piston being non-existant on the Krebs '74 piston will be an issue?

Talked to the guy on the phone and asked for the piston needed for an SAR-2.
Top Top