Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 12:26:03 PM EDT
I can’t manage to get my SAR stock off and need to ASAP for Monday’s installation of a folder. I have tried wedging it out with a screwdriver and placing a rod against the inner portion (pictured) and then hammering against the rod to force it out. It has not even budged. After all this pounding the screw holes are still in alignment on both metal and wood.

Suggestions?

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a big rubber hammer and beat the sides of the stock in a downwards motion. Thats how I got my WASR stock off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I'd never get mine off..I had abuddy hold one end and I the other and wiggled and wiggled till it started...They can be a bitch sometime
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a towell around the stock. (if you are going to trash the wood you can skip the towell).
Put the stock in a vice.  Tighten it hard.
Grab the mag well with your right hand and pull while you hit the stock with a rubber mallet.  
That's what I did with my Maadi when going from wood to KVAR black polymer.  I assume I'll have to the same again on monday.  

Make sure you have the right screws for the stock you are putting on.  The wood screws won't work with a Romanian side folder.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Problem solved. Thanks for the help guys. In the end we had to use a combination of vise, rubber mallet, rod, and hammer. Geeze those things are in tight. I think it would have stayed in there under normal use even without the screws.

Now it waits ready to go for Monday at 12:01AM.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top